PDA

View Full Version : Neck pain - DDD

Mrs Smith
08-26-2005, 12:35 PM
I have had neck problems for years...riding for years too; could they be related?!? Usually I can wait it out and I get better in a few weeks. This time was different. I had an MRI a week ago and it shows Degenerative Disc Disease; some say this is arthritis. I think a 7 hour plane trip twice in 10 days is what prompted the major flare up. I am taking an anti-inflammatory and Tylenot. I'm just hoping to get back to where I was 7 weeks ago; I can manage some pain and stiffness. I have been to a chiropractor twice now and this is helping the stiffness that I have had for years...I can turn my neck...YEAH! Since the adjustments I have severe soreness...whatever he moved has been that way for years! Yesterday, I had my doctor call in a muscle relaxer and that seems to make the pain manageable now. I work at a computer and talk on the phone a lot which seems to be aggravating it but I have to work. My question to you guys is: Have any of you had DDD in your neck and what has your doctor told you concerning driving a motorcycle and wearing a helmet?

FX
08-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Too much liabilty in this. We are not Doctors. I wish you luck, but this is not the place for medical advice.

I am sorry, but I have to close this.