PDA

View Full Version : Orange County Choppers

Pages : [1] 2

FX
02-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Anyone else watch this? After last nights episode where SR shows he is a real dick, I'm not very impressed. I don't like all the personal dynamics going on, it's unflattering to the characters.

What do you think?

yam1998
02-11-2004, 02:55 PM
I Agree He Needs To Take A Chill Pill The World Has Opened Up For Them He Needs To Relax And Bask I There Sucess

Bubbz3
02-11-2004, 03:41 PM
I agree as well. It used to be about building bikes and the builders just happened to be characters. Now it is more drama and less about the bikes. The theme bikes so far this year don't seem to have the same level of fabrication as the first year. I will continue to watch though.

poncho
02-19-2004, 07:31 PM
there was another show... "Southern Chopper" (i think) I only saw one episode. Is it still on the air?

colt
03-16-2004, 10:51 AM
I watch the show just for the entertainment.

FX
03-16-2004, 02:13 PM
I watch the show just for the entertainment.

No doubt, they aint teaching anything, but there is plenty to laugh about.

poncho
03-16-2004, 05:55 PM
there was another show... "Southern Chopper" (i think) I only saw one episode. Is it still on the air?

FX
03-16-2004, 06:17 PM

I never heard of it myself. I hear there are like 13 new biker build offs coming to discovery soon though.

radar_indy
03-31-2004, 01:17 PM
I watch it all the time. I enjoy the level of craftsmanship that goes into the bikes and also the creativity. I try to filter out the theatrics as much as possible. Of all the personalities on there, I believe Mikey is more of a believable character. Sr. and Jr. both need to go somewhere and learn some social skills. The bottom line is they create some pretty unique bikes.

Terri
04-18-2004, 10:15 PM
I haven't seen anything of SC lately, but isn't that a shame? We could sure use a break from the dramatics....these southern boys are just about ALRIGHT! We build bikes in KY and they really are our kind! What little I've seen of them was REAL, down-to-earth, and you could actually enjoy some bike building "the way we really do it around here", no soap operas added! My little 3-yr-old boy walked in the shop last week and yelled "Dad, get that chopper done, NOW!" I said, "Think we've watched OCC enough, lately!" TERRI

poncho
04-19-2004, 04:54 PM
The "Southern Chopper" guys do 90% of their build..

FX
05-04-2004, 08:02 PM
I caught the end of last nights show. Did I see right? Are they building a lawn mower?

FX
05-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Seems they did build a lawn mower...of sorts. The bike turned out nice.

What got me though was the old man giving Paul Jr. a Harley. WTF is that? Did Harley throw a bunch of money at um to get in on the action? You can build any bike you want and then ride a production bike? I don't see it. I bet that bagger he has and rode in Daytona was alot more comfortable then a chopper. Go Figure!

riggs77
05-12-2004, 06:23 PM
:mooning: I seen the Snap On Tools bike they built a while back. I will tell you that TV does nothing for these bikes, cause when you see them in person they are bad. As I had walked out of the Harley Shop where they were showing this bike a couple of ol'boys rolled up on a few custom West Virginia Choppers no lie that was the name lol, one was a tribute to the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard, but to get to the point OCC's bike are bad no doubt but then again all choppers are bad but if you would take the Snap on Bike and the two that rolled up from WV Choppers and put them side by side you would never even know who made each of the bikes because the quality in workmanship ! ! ! ! ! Sr. and Jr. only have the show because of thier attitude clash's with each other. So that's my lil rant for the day. Keep riding and be safe yall

FX
05-12-2004, 06:33 PM
No doubt the show is a soap opera. Don't expect to learn anything much from it as far as building a bike. I find it interesting that they have now employed more actual fabricators.

They have a new machine to punch out parts too by computer. I wonder if it's for making stuff or validating they can make stuff...Probably both.

FX
05-16-2004, 05:40 PM
For those of you that can't get enough OCC...

SHOW TITLE: Ride With FunkMaster Flex

EPISODE: Hitting the Streets With Orange County Choppers

SYNOPSIS: Racing at the Richard Petty Driving Experience; meeting the men of ``American Choppers''; redesigning supermodel Tyra Banks' Lexus.

CHANNEL: SPIKETV

DATE / TIME:
May 16: 8:00PM, 11:00PM
May 19: 11:30PM
May 22: 8:00PM
May 23: 12:00AM, 3:30PM, 8:30PM
May 26: 11:00PM

Warhawg43
05-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Anyone else watch this? After last nights episode where SR shows he is a real dick, I'm not very impressed. I don't like all the personal dynamics going on, it's unflattering to the characters.

What do you think?

The bullshit on the program is bullshit and always will be!!!!!!!!!!!

Warhawg43
05-21-2004, 07:57 PM
For those of you that can't get enough OCC...

SHOW TITLE: Ride With FunkMaster Flex

EPISODE: Hitting the Streets With Orange County Choppers

SYNOPSIS: Racing at the Richard Petty Driving Experience; meeting the men of ``American Choppers''; redesigning supermodel Tyra Banks' Lexus.

CHANNEL: SPIKETV

DATE / TIME:
May 16: 8:00PM, 11:00PM
May 19: 11:30PM
May 22: 8:00PM
May 23: 12:00AM, 3:30PM, 8:30PM
May 26: 11:00PM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALWAY WILL LAUGH AT THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

wyldekard
05-21-2004, 11:17 PM
I watch the show. There aren't enough shows on TV about bikes as far as I'm concerned. I ignore the drama. Like all "reality" shows, it is edited to come off the way the producers want it. I saw OCC at Sturgis and Rapid City last year. The bikes were great. They are all money hungry though. You pay an arm and a leg for autographs and merchandise. They were charging 30 to 50 bucks for a Tshirt. 25 for a hat. In Sturgis, Vinny and the young kid were signing things and talking to people if you paid for the privilege. One guy tried to take a picture from the sidewalk and they made sure they turned away from him because he didn't pay. Those two seem to be pretty impressed with themselves. But then I don't get why people are so impressed with movie stars and the like. :cool:

panheader
05-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Personally, I'm not a big fan of these "new wave" bikes that are all the rage. I believe they have their place, sitting over a mirror and surrounded by angel hair in a show, but they sure aren't "rider's" bikes. I've logged a hell of a lot of miles in the last 40 plus years I've been riding, and my bikes have shown it. I have a feeling that if I was riding with a couple of those boys and it started raining, I'd find myself out there alone while they were off under some bridge wiping down their bikes so as not to have water spots on their $10,000 paint jobs. Heaven forbid they go through a constuction zone or down a gravel road, don't want to ding up that billet aluminum 1 piece wheel. I had to laugh when those OC guys trucked one of their "showpieces" to it's debut, fired it up in the truck, and sheared off the oil pump shaft. What's that all about? Tells you a lot about their mechanical expertise, don't it. When you can't even drive it off a truck without breaking down, what the hell good is that? Just more proof that "Chrome don't get you home".