PDA

View Full Version : Brand New and Buying a Bike

RIG[4]RED
03-07-2006, 03:12 AM
Here shortly, I will be buying a motorcycle. I have yet to ride a bike yet and am really looking forward to it (both my brother and I are starting up).

Anyway, I am 6'4.5'' and weigh in at about 235lbs. I live in Idaho and plan on picking up a bike in Spokane or Seattle WA because they have a better selection. Anywho-

1. How many cc's should my first bike have (taking into consideration I'm a big guy).

2. Is there any particular brand(s) of bike I should look into primarily?

3. What kind of gear should I buy? Racing leathers or what?

4. When I get my bike, are there any accessories I should buy for it (mufflers, etc...)

Thanks! :moped:

PS: Oh yeah, Imma be taking lessons before I get my bike so no worries there =D

immortalbitch
03-07-2006, 03:32 AM
welcome to the forums ... good to have you. the type of motorcycle you purchase would depend solely on what feels comfortable to you. go to the local motorcycle dealerships and see what they have to offer, take the motorcycles for test rides (after you pass the safety course). see what brand of motorcycle feels right to you. i'm only 5'8" and the motorcycle i'm looking at is 9' long. but i feel comfortable on it. i also feel comfortable on another motorcycle that is not stretched out quite as much. brand is also your preference. don't think you will be needing racing leathers right off the bat. leathers maybe, if you plan to ride in the cold weather. and as far as accessories .... the skies the limit. have fun!!

RIG[4]RED
03-07-2006, 03:59 AM
ok, how much am I going to be spending? Should I buy new or used?

Oh yeah,

What Radar/Laser detectors do you all recommend. I live in Moscow, Idaho and make frequent trips to Spokane, Washington which is just about 90miles of boring boring straight roads.