PDA

View Full Version : R60/6 broken headlamp

Austin83
04-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Hello everyone, I just purchased a restored 1974 BMW R60/6 yesterday, and today the headlamp fell off while cruising through a neighborhood. The actual assembly that holds the headlamp and contains the wiring harness is fine, but the halogen lamp is busted. I went to some part stores today, a Harley dealership, and called a few other shops, but nobody has this lamp. Do I need to go to a BMW dealership or is there somewhere else I need to go? I havn't had much luck with finding much on this lamp online. It was a newer Bosch lamp. I'm not looking for a vintage BMW lamp, but newer Bosch type brand would be fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Austin

bufordtpisser
04-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Hello everyone, I just purchased a restored 1974 BMW R60/6 yesterday, and today the headlamp fell off while cruising through a neighborhood. The actual assembly that holds the headlamp and contains the wiring harness is fine, but the halogen lamp is busted. I went to some part stores today, a Harley dealership, and called a few other shops, but nobody has this lamp. Do I need to go to a BMW dealership or is there somewhere else I need to go? I havn't had much luck with finding much on this lamp online. It was a newer Bosch lamp. I'm not looking for a vintage BMW lamp, but newer Bosch type brand would be fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Austin

Do you have a part number for the lamp?? I may be able to help you out, but I would need the part number in order to start my search.