PDA

View Full Version : Tow-Pac vs Voyager

ledjenn
05-22-2006, 05:36 PM
I am looking at an add-on for my HD Dyna to use at times when I want to ride 2 up or such- Tow-Pac has a new 12in wheel that looks good and does not lower the bike any- my HD is already lowered.

The Voyager says if lowered you need to take belly pan off to ride- too much trouble for me!! I am an old lady!!!

Any one familiar with these add-on and take off "stabilizers? " I still want to be able to ride 2 wheels at times.

Also, how hard are they to actually take off and put on? Thanks a bunch- Joan Someone told me that the developer of Voyager sold it and has bought Tow-=Pac. I don;t know if this is fact or not.

lehighlots
05-23-2006, 08:33 AM
I can't answer that .I checked all around when wanting to convert my Goldwing and I decided on the Champion conversion.See picture of my Trike.http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h248/lehighlots/Skirting001.jpg

ledjenn
05-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Since my bike has been lowered the Tow-Pac says I would have to raise it back to stock for their kit to fit- Voyager says their's will work but I would have to take belly pan off each time I wanted to ride it 2 wheeled
Hmmmmm Sounds complicated!! I have to have bikes lowered- too short uunless I want to ride a Rebel like I started with!!! Joan

lehighlots
05-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Does sound very complicated.

Springerick
05-26-2006, 06:32 PM
jenn I was up in Live Oak Fl. this weekend and a friend of
mine got a kit for a twin cam softail standard. It looked fairly easy to hook up if you were a good wrench but I do beleve the bike needs to be at stock hight because of the size of the tires on the kit. with your bike lowered it would
be like riding with very heavy set of training wheels.
I f you have two bikes convert one for the kit leave the
other like you want it. Ride safe what ever you chose

:bottle: :stoned: :joint: :stagger:

:wt:

ledjenn
05-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Thanks, Do you know what kit she bought? I have only one bike and a scoot now. Guess I'll just stick with what I have as it will cost to reverse lowening too!!!

Wish I could figure out a way to do it without raising the bike back as I need something with 3 wheels for a while anyway as I am recooperating from some damage from all fall to my ribs and shoulders/ Ledjenn