PDA

View Full Version : Run for Taylor Blackwell

jrbooe
07-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Taylor Blackwell is a nineteen year young man from Orlando that had dreamed of owning his own motorcycle. He had completed the Safe Riders course at Orlando Harley Davidson on May 29th, 2005 and earned his cycle endorsement.

It was not until May 16th that he purchased a Triumph Motorcycle from Cycle
Riders of Orlando. He loved the bike and had received excellent service from the dealership. His dream was now a reality and he enjoyed riding whenever possible. Taylor had been working very hard at his job at Doc's Restaurant in Downtown Orlando and had a weekend off. That weekend was as normal as any other in that the weather was nice and it would be a good time for riding.
Saturday was sunny and clear and Taylor and his friends enjoyed gettoing out and having fun. Sunday, June 11 began as usual. Taylor's friends were over early that morning. After breakfast they decided to drive to the community pool at one of the young lady's in their group's neighborhood.

Around 1:00pm in the afternoon they got ready to leave our home and assembled outside. I went out to see them off and wave goodbye to Taylor and his friends. I told my son to ride safe and I'd see him later and to have everyone come back for dinner.

they drove down Conroy and made the turn onto Hiawassee Road going North. Taylor was in front and the others were following close behind. They were travelling about 35 mph when suddenly a blue SUV pulled into the right lane striking Taylor's bike and causing it to begin flipping until it struck a chain link fence. The bike came to rest about 30 feet away and Taylor was on the ground near the fence.

The accident caused tremendous damage to Taylor's body, ripping his arm off during the crash and crushing his left leg. Weeks later and after 12 operations the leg was amputated. The lady driving the SUV causing the accident only had the Florida minimum insurance of $10,000 and Taylor's medical bills already have mounted to the hundreds of thousands. This fund raising effort is to help with expenses and the cost of further prosthetics. The run is to be held in Lake County with riders coming in from South Florida. The date is to be announced, however, it is looking like the last weekend of August or the second weekend in September. The Bad Apple Band is scheduled to play as well as an orchestra. Contact Jay at 352 217 5151 or CB at 352 408 3396

jrbooe
08-25-2006, 03:55 PM
for more information on Taylor got to www.thetaylorblackwellproject.com (http://www.thetaylorblackwellproject.com).
The site is under construction and will be updated regularly.

jrbooe
09-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Don't forget to show up for the run this Saturday for Taylor Blackwell. We expect about 300 riders at this run, although it is a relatively short run it is going to be a good one.

jrbooe
09-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Ok, we have anywhere from 200 to 500 bikes going to be on this run tomorrow. We are trying to get Ch. 2 news to appear at the beginning of the run. This is the biggest run I have ever been involved in putting together. Any Rider from Central Florida should try to be there. Meet at Hickory Point Recreational Facility in Tavares sometime after 9am, last bike out is 11am. Good food, good bands, 50/50 drawing, raffles.

jrbooe
10-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks to all those who contributed and participated in Saturday's run for Taylor. Thanks everyone.