PDA

View Full Version : Helmet safety - law

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

FX
09-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Um,er. 1995? Come one. That's a bit old.

The AMA is self serving. As most here know.

I have to agree about the helmets are heavy issue. But we all agree, at 50, helmet or not, you get hurt. Now knowing that, have the financial responsibility to deal with that. Helmet or not.

The public already pays for all uninsured medical needs. That's another way to distort the issue with the old, we pay for everyone else, pay for me. How about we say, yeah, everyone needs financial responsibility and let's fix the broken health care system so everyone can afford that on their own.

So, because someone is over 35 and has a job, how does that help the debate?

Motorcycle safety works. Yep! Now let's educate cage drivers so they don't run us over anymore.

See, more bullshit and more debate. But no solution.

bufordtpisser
09-20-2007, 09:24 AM
But the pro lid law debaters are also using outdated and flawed data. Even the NTSB and NHTSA only publish the data that supports their stance. We will never get an unbiased and truthful study done by either side. And usually when their is substantial evidence to support either side, someone cries foul and the data gets suppressed.

So here again, we have proven nothing except that there are two distinctly different schools of thought about this issue and each side has the so called smoking gun data to support their cause. And in the end it all comes down to who has the most money and clout to get their way with the legislature.

jrbooe
09-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Buf, in all honesty, you are correct.

thebighop
09-20-2007, 09:42 AM
If it is any comfort to anyone...
Abate has tried and lost the battle to repeal the helmet laws in Michigan for years on end. Yet they keep trying...and of course they ask us for more money to do so each year too.

FX
09-20-2007, 09:45 AM
But the pro lid law debaters are also using outdated and flawed data. Even the NTSB and NHTSA only publish the data that supports their stance. We will never get an unbiased and truthful study done by either side. And usually when their is substantial evidence to support either side, someone cries foul and the data gets suppressed.

So here again, we have proven nothing except that there are two distinctly different schools of thought about this issue and each side has the so called smoking gun data to support their cause. And in the end it all comes down to who has the most money and clout to get their way with the legislature.

I disagree.

We have proven that drivers have no rights and medical care for anyone that is injured is expensive to tax payers, no matter how the injury occurred, because of a lack of financial responsibility.

We have also proven that the facts on the issue are sketchy, at best, and mostly outdated.

We have also proven that as a result, the debate continues because of emotion.

bufordtpisser
09-20-2007, 09:49 AM
So you have in fact just proven my point.

thebighop
09-20-2007, 09:58 AM
So...who gets the cigar?

jrbooe
09-20-2007, 10:03 AM
No one gets the cigar because that will cause sever health risks from smoking and I am not going to pay for someone's lung cancer when they don't have health insurance and are in the hospital. Hold on, I need to grab my can of Skoal.

thebighop
09-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Alright then...we'll just let Monica keep her 'ol cigar....

FX
09-20-2007, 10:06 AM
So you have in fact just proven my point.

You had a point? :ripphand:

aja
09-20-2007, 10:07 AM
So...who gets the cigar?

I'm betting they wouldn't be able to agree on that either at this point. LOL

FX
09-20-2007, 10:11 AM
So...who gets the cigar?

Monica Lewinsky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Lewinsky)

thebighop
09-20-2007, 10:17 AM
um...see post #129

FX
09-20-2007, 10:18 AM
um...see post #129

Too funny. I missed it. But at least we have the same sense of humor. :kewl: :pig:

thebighop
09-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Too funny. I missed it. But at least we have the same sense of humor. :kewl: :pig:

Superior minds roll through the same gutters...

bufordtpisser
09-20-2007, 10:24 AM

As long as she has enough liability to cover hers or Bills "HEAD" injuries.

thebighop
09-20-2007, 10:29 AM
As long as she has enough liability to cover hers or Bills "HEAD" injuries.

well...I don't know about hers , but I have to believe that Bill's head injuries would be rather on the small, insignificant side...not much inside of either to do much harm to.

jrbooe
09-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Knowing where that cigar has been, I think I will pass on it

HeathersWheels
09-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Knowing where that cigar has been, I think I will pass on it

ha, ha, ha :puke: You minds in the gutter

Here let me stir you guys up a little more... I'm from California and we have no smoking laws. lol

I honestly had no idea the passionate views on helmets and insurance. All I've ever known is drive/ride with insurance and wear a helmet. I've never even met a person with passionate views to the contrary.

jrbooe
09-21-2007, 10:16 AM
We may not be a compassionate bunch here, but we sure are a passionate bunch