PDA

View Full Version : Helmet safety - law

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

bufordtpisser
09-21-2007, 10:50 AM
My passion lies in the freedom to choose. And with that choice, I still choose to wear. I just like to be able to have that small amount of control over a little piece of my life. Heaven knows that the government controls the rest.

thebighop
09-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Just wait until the government starts controlling toilet paper...
Then you'll see some passion...

bufordtpisser
09-21-2007, 01:20 PM
More like ass rashin.

jrbooe
09-21-2007, 06:22 PM
They will force us to use John Wayne toilet paper.

Ricky RoadKing
09-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Rough and tough and won't take no shit off anybody!

jimbear56
09-22-2007, 04:55 AM
Good thing the corn crop is doing well, all them cobs will come in handy when the leaves are gone

radan2
10-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Form to fill out before riding without a helmet:

I, NAME__________________________________________, voluntarily ride my motorcycle without a helmet. In consequence of this voluntary decision, I hereby assert:

That if I am killed as a result of any kind of trauma to my head while riding the motorcycle, my estate and my heirs repudiate all rights to sue the driver of any vehicle that struck me, no matter the level of their negligence or incompetence in operating said vehicle.

That my parents, siblings, and other relatives are dead or emotionally dissevered from me, so they will feel no emotional trauma in the event of my death, disability, or serious injury as a result of an injury to my head in a motorcycle accident.

That my spouse and children are independently endowed, so that they will not, under any circumstances, make any claim on any public agency for support or assistance as a result of my death as a result of head trauma received while riding my motorcycle without a helmet.

That no employer depends on my presence for the efficient and effective operation of his business, or will be discommoded or inconvenienced if I am not present as a result of head trauma received while riding my motorcycle without a helmet.

That if I have an employer who offers health benefits, I will make no claim on those benefits from any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle without a helmet.

That I have no employees who will not be able to work as a result of the closure of my business due to any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle without a helmet.

That I have no friends who will feel any grief or emotional distress as a result of any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle without a helmet.

That I am active in no community organization that will suffer as a result of my lack of participation as a result of any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle without a helmet.

That my estate is sufficiently large enough to pay any debts I may owe as a result of any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle without a helmet.

That I have no debtors who will be inconvenience as a result of any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle without a helmet.

That I have already purchased a burial plot, coffin, vault, and embalming services for myself.

That I will not make any claim on vocational rehabilitation services I may need due to injuries received as a result of any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle without a helmet.

Signed: _________________________________________ date: _______________________

Witnessed by: ____________________________________________

================================================== ==========================
Of course, such a form will have little legal standing. But reading it may make those who operate bikes without helmets understand a little more of what they are risking.

bufordtpisser
10-30-2007, 08:26 AM
Form to fill out before riding with a helmet:

I, NAME__________________________________________, voluntarily ride my motorcycle with a helmet. In consequence of this voluntary decision, I hereby assert:

That if I am killed as a result of any kind of trauma to my head while riding the motorcycle, my estate and my heirs demand all rights to sue the driver of any vehicle that struck me, no matter the level of their negligence or incompetence in operating said vehicle.

That my parents, siblings, and other relatives feel extreme emotional trauma in the event of my death, disability, or serious injury as a result of an injury to my head in a motorcycle accident.

That my spouse and children are publically endowed, so that they will , under all circumstances, make all claims on all public agencies for support or assistance as a result of my death as a result of head trauma received while riding my motorcycle with a helmet.

That my employer depends on my presence for the efficient and effective operation of his business, and will be inconvenienced if I am not present as a result of head trauma received while riding my motorcycle with a helmet.

That if I have an employer who offers health benefits, I will make all claims on those benefits from any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle with a helmet.

That I have employees who will not be able to work as a result of the closure of my business due to any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle with a helmet and the manufacturer of the defective helmet will provide for them forever.

That I have friends who will feel grief and emotional distress as a result of any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle with a helmet.

That I am active in many community organizations that will suffer as a result of my lack of participation as a result of any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle with a helmet.

That my estate is sufficiently large enough to pay any debts I may owe as a result of any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle with a helmet but the manufacturer of the defective helmet will provide for them forever and my estate will stay intact.

That I have debtors who will be inconvenience as a result of any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle with a helmet and the manufacturer of the defective helmet will provide for them forever.

That I have already purchased a burial plot, coffin, vault, and embalming services for myself or the manufacturer of the defective helmet will provide for them without cost or inconvenience to my family.

That I will not make all claims on vocational rehabilitation services I may need due to injuries received as a result of any head trauma I may suffer as a result of an accident while riding my motorcycle with a helmet and the manufacturer of the defective helmet will provide for them forever.

And most of all if I am killed or maimed by an impaired or negligent driver while riding a motorcycle with a helmet, my family or myself will receive immediate judgment for relief without delays or legal wrangling from attorney's on either side. And if I am killed or maimed while riding my motorcycle with a helmet, the manufacturer of the defective helmet will provide for me or my survivors forever.

Signed: _________________________________________ date: _______________________

Witnessed by: ____________________________________________

================================================== ==========================
Of course, there are two sides to every story. The majority of helmetless drivers that are killed are either under the influence or are killed by someone who is.

Radan, your form makes no more sense than mine does. But like I stated, there are two sides to every story.

FX
10-30-2007, 08:53 AM
In either one the bottom line comes out the selfishness. They are quite the same that way.

One says the person is selfish and don't care.

The other says they and their whole family are selfish and will make any accident someone else's responsibility.

Personal responsibility is lost these days it seems. It's either someone else's responsibility or fault, and we have the attorneys to prove it.

I bet if we could eliminate the cost of liability from many products, we would find out the tax we paid on those items to the government was bargain compared to what the attorneys got to evaluate and back the product.

jrbooe
10-30-2007, 09:41 AM
FX, I agree, with this "sue happy" world we live in, it seems nobody wants to claim responsibility for their mistakes. As a former smoker who enjoyed about 3 packs of Camels a day for over 20 years it makes me sick whenever I see the lawsuits by smokers against big tobacco because they got lung cancer. Look, nobody put a gun to my head and said smoke that cigarette boy. I smoked of my own free will, not by someone else's accord. I, personally, will not oppose the repeal of the helmet law in Florida when it happens. I actually have gone against my own principles the last couple of weeks and have ridden without a helmet for the most part. I guess I got that wild hair out of my system by Saturday and Sunday, riding with Bubba. I have worn my helmet faithfully since Saturday morning and will get prepared for the new helmet laws to take effect.

bufordtpisser
10-30-2007, 11:12 AM
When there was a helmet law in PA, I wore a helmet. Now that we have a choice, I still wear the damn helmet. The only difference now is that I get to choose. Helmet law or not, whether or not I die with a helmet on or not, I am still dead.

jrbooe
10-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Buf, you are correct, "dead" is not really a state of mind, it truly is a state of being.

FX
10-30-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm not going to lobby for a law either way. We have enough laws.

The only thing I'm arguing or lobbying for is personal responsibility.

c.crawford
12-26-2007, 03:53 PM
not realavent to this thread he says, OK so here is Pavaratti on a scooter with no helmet:
That is not what killed him. Your just jealous because women loved him:

c.crawford
12-28-2007, 04:35 AM
"Not realavent to this thread", one mod says. The next mod starts fussing "Why did you bring that up again?" Because they brought it up on "Up to the Minute" the late night news. 30% LESS DEATH with a helmet, in this state the choice is yours. Thank you FX for getting rid of the butt stabbing system.

AussieDave
01-16-2008, 09:22 PM
I'll tell you guys one thing. If ever you came down-under to go for a ride you would be in for a big shock. It is illegal to not wear a helmet, and the helmet that you must wear has to be up to "Australian Standard AS/NZS 1698" and if it is a full face then the face has t0o be "Australian Standard AS1609"
It is also illegal to airbrush a helmet, but most get away with that one.
I stayed with Bigwater last year and his helmet would be illegal in Aus.

jrbooe
01-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Dave, is it still illegal to drive with your arm hanging out of the window of your car Down Under? By the way, welcome back.

bufordtpisser
01-16-2008, 09:32 PM
I'll tell you guys one thing. If ever you came down-under to go for a ride you would be in for a big shock. It is illegal to not wear a helmet, and the helmet that you must wear has to be up to "Australian Standard AS/NZS 1698" and if it is a full face then the face has t0o be "Australian Standard AS1609"
It is also illegal to airbrush a helmet, but most get away with that one.

Glad to see you back Dave. In PA, those who do have to wear a helmet, 21 years old and younger, or someone with less than 2 years of riding experience, have to wear a DOT approved helmet. Only thing is, DOT stopped approving helmets 20 years ago. When we still had a mandatory helmet law for everyone, all you did was buy the helmet of your choice, and they gave you a DOT sticker to attach to it.

jrbooe
01-16-2008, 09:35 PM
FX and I know a guy down here who wears an old high school football helmet with a piece of rope where the chin strap used to go and he put DOT stickers on it. This is the same guy who's dog ate the seat belt in his truck and he uses a ratchet strap to buckle himself in.

Ricky RoadKing
01-16-2008, 09:35 PM

So would Bigwater.