PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Beach - go or no?

Pages : [1] 2

LFleisher
09-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Hey bikers! I'm a reporter at the Myrtle Beach paper, The Sun News, and I'd like to talk to people to find out whether they plan to attend the fall rally at Myrtle Beach - and whether it has anything to do with recent changes by the city council to limit the spring rally.

My deadline is today so if you happen to see this, please give me a call at 843-626-0317 to help me with my article.

Thanks!!

Lisa Fleisher
tourism industry reporter
The Sun News

Ricky RoadKing
09-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Are you cute?

aja
09-17-2008, 05:10 AM
Are you cute?

Call her and ask her. I dare you. I double dog dare you.:pokey:

c.crawford
09-17-2008, 10:20 PM
You can be all clean and fresh when you arrive at Myrtle Beach. You did remember to call ahead Ricky? ...Ricky?...

radan2
09-17-2008, 10:21 PM
No.

I do not go where I am not welcome.

That would apply even if I were in my truck. I will do my best to discourage everyone, riding any kind of vehicle, from going to Myrtle Beach.

After all, how much tacky junk can you use?

Myrtle Beach: like Coney Island, but without the subtlety and sophistication.

jimbear56
09-18-2008, 04:24 AM
Myrtle Beach condos are not Motorcycle frendly!!:ripphand:
A lot of them will allow bikes during bike weeks but not for regular season stays, been down there for 2 winters and have seen the no M/C signs at most of the large condo's and a lot of the smaller ones too

c.crawford
09-18-2008, 11:17 AM

FX
09-18-2008, 01:34 PM
I look better in red and I thought I was taller?

aja
09-18-2008, 05:15 PM
I look better in red and I thought I was taller?

Pink is your color.

You look so cute!

aja
09-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Myrtle Beach: like Coney Island, but without the subtlety and sophistication.

Now that's funny.

Screw them. It's like Daytona whining about the bikers. They make MILLIONS and still complain. Meanwhile, Ormond Beach is extending a big welcome to bikers. If Daytona is that freakin' stupid . . . well then let Ormond make the bucks. Some other coastal town near Myrtle will realize what a goldmine Bike Week was and take it over.

Ricky RoadKing
09-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Boy, that's really going to make the Chamber of Commerce folks happy!

bigwater
09-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Dahlonega appreciates bikers... but I didn't make that ugly ass sign.

purplesporty17
09-24-2008, 07:26 AM
hey, i have not posted in a while - no real reason just havent. anyways as far as myrtle goes--they can keep it. i moved from west virginia to south carolina and have gone there a couple times. the attitudes displayed by the bikers is just BS. one example: we were sitting at a light and the group of bikes ahead of me looked over at a cager on a phone and proceeded to rev up their bikes so the person could not talk. real mature!! i took my daughter to the beach and there were so many drunk bikers that i worried about our safety. they were doing burn outs at the red lights and riding out of control. there are other examples but i think you get the idea. during the "other" bike week there were reports of wide spread damage to property, people walking out of establishments without paying, assaults, and the list goes on. i have seen this attitude and dont care to be there. how would you like to take your family to a store or restaurant and have todeal with this. i wont. i wanted to get off my bike and knock them out but knew what that would do. so myrtle beach has the correct idea. focus on the family network and forget the bikers. i am not saying that all were like that cause i wasnt and alot of others were not but why open yourself up for this kind of action. myrtle beach is not the only place that is having second thoughts about having us. i rented a condo at surfside and inquired about bringing my bike there and was told that theydont allow bikes. GEE I WONDER WHY? nuff said

c.crawford
09-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Never nuff said. Thats why the forum goes dormant once in a while. Maybe the cell phone yacker had it comming. I like your post sporty, good info.

FX
09-24-2008, 08:49 AM
I think it's irresponsible to bill a biker event as a family event. Not to say there can't be a family biker event, it just requires more control than a city or county wide event could ever have. Like one wise member said today, we're bikers we let loose, to paraphrase.

However that's not to say acting violent or like an ass is appropriate either.

There's a time and a place for everything. Sorting it out needs to be easier. How events are advertised needs to match the audience, not just the persona the Chamber of Comerce wants the public to perceive. In other words, expectations need to be realistic, not trumped up by some Disney ad agency.

As for the cell phone guy. I kinda chuckled at that one. But I don't mean to make light of your story.

Thanks for posting!

aja
09-24-2008, 03:49 PM
I think it's irresponsible to bill a biker event as a family event. Not to say there can't be a family biker event, it just requires more control than a city or county wide event could ever have. Like one wise member said today, we're bikers we let loose, to paraphrase.

I've actually been at a "family" biker event with FX in the past. That's what they called it but there wasn't a damn thing to do with your kids. And they sold beer.

Calling it a family event doesn't make it so. If you are going to call it a family event, then you should have things for families to do and drinking beer isn't one of them. Don't get me wrong. We all know how I feel about beer. But don't call it a family event.

And sure enough . . . the event did not have a second year. Once and done. People that came for a family event weren't happy and people who came for a bike event weren't happy.

FX
09-24-2008, 04:28 PM
B.A.C.A. held a strictly family event recently and I hear it went real well. However, they did advertise it right, so it was clear.

It can be done if it's clear what the intention is.

Ricky RoadKing
09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Hell, if I'm around my family, they better have beer!

aja
09-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Hell, if I'm around my family, they better have beer!

Yes, but a Ricky (or aja) family reunion is different than a "family event" bike thingie. But . . .

OK . . . now I have to rethink this whole thing.

Damn you Ricky Roadkill!:grimreap:

LEWY
09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Aja, why dont you phone Lisa whatsaname and scare the crap outa her.

That'll be like a triple dog dare eh eh.