PDA

View Full Version : Who's hand is in your pocket?

FX
03-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Let's face it, once there was bike week and now there are bike weeks. The reason is we spend money. Towns are cashing in all over the world hosting bikers.

Do you go and drop alot of cash? Do you go to spend, but look for the discounts? Do you go for a beer and leave or do you just ignore bike weeks?

What one's are worth the visit? Is there one you won't attend anymore?

Give us some feedback.

LOADED
05-13-2004, 10:12 AM
You Got that Right!! In 1979 I got a hotel IN Daytona during Bikeweek for 65.00 on the Beach. now the same hotel for the same week is 250 a night. :cow: :finger:

FX
05-13-2004, 10:18 AM
You Got that Right!! In 1979 I got a hotel IN Daytona during Bikeweek for 65.00 on the Beach. now the same hotel for the same week is 250 a night. :cow: :finger:

And that's if ya can find one. There are too many rich folks that want the "Biker" persona and think they buy it on the beach at Daytona during bike week.

LOADED
05-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Don,t even think about what a room cost in sturgis! sturgis koa campground will be 50.00 mim. said a rider on a sturgis web site. Hotel Rooms Have a 5 day mim. and I was told brokers buy up all the rooms and sell them on the net. at any price they want so 500 dollors a night can be expected. The Rally is for the venders and Richs promoters. :bonk: :finger:

trbeemer
03-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Never been to one.
That whole crowd thing plus being on a motorcycle at the same time...well I rather pass on that.

84FLH
03-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Used to go to Daytona years ago, room/suite on the beach cost us $96/night....was a good time. I hear it's not nearly as good as it used to be. Shame really.

jrbooe
03-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, as far as Daytona goes it is no longer "Bike Week" we call it trailer week as it seems like the newly elite want to go to Daytona and shine. I see a lot of biker wannabes there. There are a lot of true bikers in Daytona. However, with the restrictive laws they are passing and trying to pass it tends to take the fun out of the whole concepte. We have our local bikefest which is always fun and the town is still biker friendly at this time.

Spooge
08-20-2005, 07:04 PM
I live in S. Florida, but no longer go to Bike Week. Just too crowded & expensive. Biketoberfest is still o.k., but I no longer stay overnight. Leesburg Bikefest, I have gone the last 2 years and love it. I stay a few nights and already have rooms booked for '06.

FX
08-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Let's us know when ya hit Leesburg, that's our home town.

silliesingle
08-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Forget bike week. The brokers need an exahust pipe of "whup ass" put on them. I've had more fun and enjoyment hitting little mountain towns like Helen, Ga. and Hot springs, Arkansas. Things are laid back but there's plenty to do, and they treat bikers as just regular tourists rather than trouble makers to make move on, or a special group to try and rip off.

Mike_Tx
08-20-2005, 11:20 PM
A couple of days ago my neighbor showed me pics from Austin's bike week (or whatever it's called). Over half of the pics had women on the back of bikes topless (not overly attractive). I'm sure that the pictures were not representative of what the bike week was all about, but if that's the most interesting thing there... why would you go? The folks in the pictures did not look like the kind of people I would drive to Austin to hang out with.

Maybe for some people getting together and acting like that is part of the "biker culture". If it's not something I can take my wife and kids to, then I have no business being there.

My 2 Cents,
Mike

bigwater
08-21-2005, 01:27 AM
Dude, I've seen some of the narliest stuff you could imagine at some of these events. I won't even go into it again because I think FX is still cleaning the vomit out of his keyboard from the last time I posted about it.

I think this would be a good thread for us to discuss, but I'm drunk now and am not thinking clearly. Tomorrow I'll think about moving this to a dedicated forum and creating a disclaimer warning people not to enter at any risk.

JFN
08-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Don,t even think about what a room cost in sturgis! sturgis koa campground will be 50.00 mim. said a rider on a sturgis web site. Hotel Rooms Have a 5 day mim. and I was told brokers buy up all the rooms and sell them on the net. at any price they want so 500 dollors a night can be expected. The Rally is for the venders and Richs promoters. :bonk: :finger:
Rooms in Sturgis are expensive but camping is relatively cheap. We stayed at a campground that had live music, good showers and nice campsites for $15 per night or $85 for the entire event.