Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
View RSS Feed

BamBam57

Tom (red) Haugen Funeral

Rate this Entry
Thomas Jon Haugen ó 1959 - 2009
Leesburg, FL ó Thomas Jon Haugen, 49, Leesburg, died July 21, 2009 as the result of injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. He was born September 20, 1959 in Virginia, MN son of Raymond Haugen & Elizabeth Stanway Haugen. He was a Stucco Foreman and a local resident since 1985. The memorial service for Thomas Haugen will be held at 2:00 PM on Saturday, August 1, 2009 in the Becker Chapel. Rev. Karen Burris, Morrison United Methodist Church will officiate. The family suggests that in lieu of flowers, please consider a donation for the well being of Tomís four year old son Bradley. BECKER FAMILY FUNERAL HOME, 806 W. Minneola Ave. (3 stop signs North of Highway 50 on 8th Street), Clermont, FL 34711. Telephone 352-394-7121. Alot of people are meeting up at the Countyline lounge at noon to ride down together. Our prayers and support of this family are needed. He was one of ours. and a good guy.

Updated 07-31-2009 at 05:06 PM by BamBam57 (new info)

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

We had a nice ride to say farewell to Tom. It was sad to say goodbye.
    I am just glad that I saw a lot of my friends going by me back toward Clermont that day. I just happened to be in Clermont doing bank business and was heading back North from there when I saw a long line of bikes going by and I knew most of the people so I turned around and followed them and found out as we rolled into the funeral home in Clermont that I was in Tommy's funeral. I so did not want to miss it as I had just talked to Tom (Red) a couple of weeks previously. I also saw him the day that he died when he was still on the road. Red had told me a couple of weeks before that ill fated day, that if he ever died when he was riding, he was doing what he loved the best as that was what I had told him about riding my bike. My sister worries so much about my riding until I finally had to tell her that and that's exactly the way I feel about my ride. So one day, Red, I will see ya again riding in the sky. I know he loved those boys of his and it's so sad to have to leave behind your loved ones but I believe ole Red is up there riding in the sky and his family will see him again one day.
    Sportycat

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL: