Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Leesburg Bikefest 2005
Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leesburg Bikefest 2005

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries

Leesburg Bikefest 2005

It's time for the Leesburg Bikefest 2005 here in Florida. We are expecting about 150,000 bikers to come to town this weekend.

Leesburg Bikefest is officially April 22, 23 & 24th, however alot of motorcyclists arrive a few days prior to that. The party could be starting as early as Wednesday.

All of Main Street and several side streets will be closed to car traffic and be only for motorcycles and pedestrians.

There will be vendors all over with beer, food, and merchandise. Look for the liquor bars, our local friend Mary sets that up and does a bang up job.

I'll be wandering around and have 1000 helmet stickers to give away. I have a few shirts for sale too.

Be aware of the folks in the orange vests. Most of these folks are volunteers and will be looking out for your safety. Big thanks to all of them and Dave O. for his efforts managing it.

Enjoy yourself, but mind the locals. We want them to welcome the motorcyclists back year after year.

Ride Safe
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

Blog Entries
    There are motorcycles everywhere! It's great! I can really feel the energy.

You should be here.

If you are, be safe and have fun.

Blog Entries

The Monster comes to Leesburg Bikefest

LEESBURG — It’s been 15 years since Gregory Dunham of Stockton, Calif., witnessed the fateful monster truck show that led to his first vision of a one-of-a-kind creation — The Monster. At more than 11 feet in height and 20 feet in length, The Monster made its debut in this year's Rat’s Hole Custom Bike Show in Daytona.

Now Dunham is bringing The Monster to Leesburg Bikefest™, April 22-24 in downtown Leesburg.

Dunham’s enthusiasm for motorcycles and long history of engineering and metal work led him to create The Monster.

“About 15 years ago, I watched a monster truck show, and I got a vision of a giant motorcycle — larger than a monster truck, running over cars,” Dunham said.

At the time, he drew a sketch of the giant machine, but with full-time responsibilities, he filed the idea away. About three years ago, Dunham happened across the rough drawing again.

“Disgustedly, I tore it up, thinking dreams can’t come true,” he said. But a couple of days later, he revisited the notion, and thought, "Why can't it be built?"

Three years and $300,000 later, he's started to tour with The Monster.

“So many times I wanted to quit, but I persevered,” Dunham said. “I had many setbacks, but I got it done.”

The Monster was a puzzle to the Daytona bike show’s judges, who awarded the giant machine third place.

“Not bad considering it was not painted and up against a jet bike and other very different normal-sized motorcycles. Even the judge was amazed and said he didn’t know how to categorize The Monster,” Dunham said.

He’s waiting to paint the massive motorcycle until he’s found a sponsor.

The Monster is 11 feet, 4 inches tall at its highest point and 20 feet, four inches long. Riders sit eight feet in the air behind handlebars 10 feet, six inches wide. Tires that bear the monster bike are three feet wide, and the overall weight of the motorcycle is 6,500 pounds. Its top speed is 33 miles per hour in first gear and 65 miles per hour in second — in theory.

Blog Entries

Leesburg Bikefest is April 22-24, 2005

The 9th annual Leesburg Bikefest™ returns April 22-24, 2005, to downtown Leesburg. The festival is a social event for bikers and a chance to see an array of custom motorcycles lining the streets.

Bikefest 2004 was a record-setting event, and all those 125,000 people and more are expected to turn out for this year's Bikefest, to check out bikes and be entertained in a classic downtown atmosphere where riders feel welcome.

In the Ms. Bikefest Contest at 8 p.m. Friday on Gator Harley-Davidson Stage in Towne Square, contestants sponsored by local businesses compete in categories of swimwear, bike wear and bike poses for the title and a cash prize.

Live entertainment, festive foods, beer, full liquor bars and over 250 vendors selling motorcycle gear and accessories are Bikefest favorites along with the Bike Games sponsored by local HOGs – Harley Owners Groups – and the Rat's Hole Custom Motorcycle Show.

Veteran rockers Starship will perform at 9 p.m. Saturday. The band features Mickey Thomas, whose soaring voice propelled Starship through the 1980s. With his choirboy good looks and soulful, compelling voice, Thomas has established himself as one of contemporary music's most recognizable stars.

During Bikefest, enjoy non-stop entertainment on three stages with more than 20 free concerts including blues, rock ’n’ roll and alternative rock and county. There is something for everyone, and admission is free. The music lineup starts Friday with D’Manufacture, Dirrty Hairry, Big Engine and local favorite Bobby Blackmon. Performances continue through the weekend with Diablo Canyon, Kid Ridlyn, Justin Heet, Les Dudek and others to be announced.

Special motorcycle performances are planned for the entire weekend of Bikefest, including the Fort Lauderdale, Daytona and Clermont Harley-Davidson Drill Teams, Extreme Trials Motorcycling rider Adam Holbrook and the Ives Brothers in the 16-foot Globe of Death.

Jerry "Motorman" Palladino will return to Bikefest by popular demand. Palladino is producer of the “Ride Like a Pro” video series, the best-selling motorcycle instructional videos in North America and Europe. He entertains and demonstrates skills like Police Motor Officer techniques that have made him and his videos famous at events around the country.

On Saturday and Sunday, Biker Games will be under the direction of Lake County and Clermont HOG chapters, with contests like Hot Dog Bite, Bean Bag Toss and Slow Ride.
    Competitors in the Rat's Hole Custom Motorcycle Show are judged in 18 classes including three-wheeler, street racer, antique/classics and most unusual.

Sunday look for a new addition to the festivities, when the North American Strongman Society proudly presents the Central Strongman Challenge.

For more information on the lineup of entertainers for this year’s Bikefest, visit the Web site at www.LeesburgBikeFest.com. For further inquiries, call the Partnership at (352) 365-0053.

Hey man there is a lot of strange people riding around today downtown is getting setup
    looks like fun to me

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Settled In
    Pacin the scooter now and heading out.Hope to meet some of ya there.Have a great time ride safe.
    Keep the Shiney side up Ride Safe

Blog Entries
    I washed the bike and I'm headed downtown.

See ya there!

Blog Entries
    The City of Leesburg Bikefest and the Leesburg Officials are no doubt upping the anti on showing motorcyclists a good time. The entertainment is outstanding, the crowd is huge and everyone is having a good time.

My observations called for several people to attract attention. However, we're not talking criminal, but what other cities may call exibitionism. A little crack of the throttle and noise. It was tolerated. I was glad to see this, as no one was harmed and no one was actually driving.

The Starship Played center stage and was right on. If you are a fan, you got what you expected. Everyone seemed to be pleased with the show.

Our local WHTQ was there broadcasting and giving out free stuff, great folks. They Rock Orlando on 96.5 FM, check them out.

The rain was long through the late afternoon and evening, but subsided and quickly dried up.

If you were not with us, you missed a good time.

Come join us tomorrow.
    Last edited by smeg; 04-24-2005 at 02:29 AM.

RiderInfo Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg
    Come join us tomorrow.
    Sounds like fun, wished I could. I can't even get out for a ride here as it's been raining for the last 24 hours with no end in sight yet. Have yourselves a great Sunday down there
    LOUD!! Pipes Save Lives

As alwaysl Leesburg out did themself again this year.What a good street party.
    the rain sucked because it rained in the middle of the day instaid of in the
    middle of the night like the weather guy said (hey weather guy you suck).
    But all in all got to walk around later saturday nite before the Starship show.
    had to work most of the day directing traffic on the west end of main street
    helped out at the bike showfor couple hrs.then the rain came.
    some one gave me a brite orange rain coat the next thing I knew
    I a'm impersonating a road cone in the rain at main street again.
    Went back sunday got to party some. Grate time had by all.
    And thanks to the magnolia for the big tent it was wunderful during the storm

__________________________________________________ _______________________