Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Victory Fuel Mileage...
Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.

Thread: Victory Fuel Mileage...

Settled In

Victory Fuel Mileage...

As a new Vic owner I bought my Hammer expecting less than stellar MPG but what I get is incredible!

I have just over 1700 miles on it and the last few highway tanks I have maintained 45-48mpg from each tank. When I bought the bike I was expecting 40mpg at the best so the only thing I can think of is the Stage I exhaust really helps the fuel economy.

Anybody with a stock hammer getting this kind of mileage?

Just to spice things up a bit here's a pick of my bike the day I pulled it out of the crate

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    Nice motorcycle.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

Thumbs up

Hey There Hammer Rider,
    That is a nice looking Victory.It gets more gas mileage than our 8-balls.The exhaust also has a lot to do with mileage. My husband has Santa Rosa exhaust and gets better gas mileage than I. I have D&D exhaust and mine runs richer. We both have them lowered and have the Stage one kit also. I get 41-45 miles.His gets about 45 miles.
    We do love our rides.
    Have you seen the new Hammer that is coming out now?Awesome sight. I have 6,000 miles on my 8-ball and not one problem.My husband has about 8,000 and no problems. We did change our brakes. I read the article on this site and checked them out.Sure enough they were due. Which we took a 287 mile ride afterward and it was a lot of curves and hills.Sweet for us.
    Later-Sassy

Recently Checked In

victory gas mileage

I may soon be in the market for a new bike. I currently ride a 97 Shadow 1100, and am thinking about something a bit bigger. The HD's are too much $$ for me but originally had thought about a VTX 1800R.

Been looking at the Victory web site lately and and the Kingpin looks pretty good to me. I saw the message about the 48 mpg with a Stage 1 exhuast, and didn't know whose exhaust that is.

Can you give me some more information on it?

Thanks.

Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by rockys_boots
    I may soon be in the market for a new bike. I currently ride a 97 Shadow 1100, and am thinking about something a bit bigger. The HD's are too much $$ for me but originally had thought about a VTX 1800R.

Been looking at the Victory web site lately and and the Kingpin looks pretty good to me. I saw the message about the 48 mpg with a Stage 1 exhuast, and didn't know whose exhaust that is.

Can you give me some more information on it?

Thanks.
    This kit is available from the Victory dealers for $699 plus installation

Stage 1 Drag Exhaust Systems
    A Stage 1 Kit allows a Freedom 100-CI engine to breathe more freely and deliver greater performance and crisper throttle response. This Stage 1 Drag system includes a full exhaust with straight, drag-style pipes that gives a Victory an extra dose of style. This Stage 1 Kit also includes a K&N Air Filter, vented air box cover and recalibration of the engine’s EFI system. Dealer installation recommended. These kits are intended for racing application only and are not legal for street use.