Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.

Thread: Wanted: 250 crotch Rocket

Wanted: 250 crotch Rocket

Hello all...I am 15, I live in texas, and I am looking for a street bike, Under 250 of course, and I was wondering if the Ninja 250 is the only one of its class??? does suzuki and Honda and Yamaha not make one to compete with the ninja 250?? I dont want that 1 because my friend already owns it....but if ne one can help me out with another brand of bike making a 250 crotch rocket plz tell me thx,
    BrianB

Hey Brian. I'm not familiar with the lower cc bikes of any of the Japanese manufacturers, but I'm sure somebody will happen across your post and have an answer for you.

Please don't cross post in multiple forums on the same topic. You'll get a lot better results if you keep your post in one thread. Thanks.

Welcome to RiderInfo!
    Never twist the throttle with your ego

Ok sry about that...Im just kinda in a bind right now and needed some fast results

All I can suggest is to hit the manufacturers web sites and look through their model lineups to see if you can find anything you like. Then check the local newspaper and trader magazines to see if you can find one you like in your price range.

Why is it that you don't want the same kind of bike your friend has?
    Never twist the throttle with your ego

Well...ive done that and i didnt find anything....i dont really want to get tha same one because...i dont wanna be like "copying" him...also they only come in 1 color this year...i would buy like a dif. color but they only come in one color

That's the only 250cc sport bike you're gonna find in the states. You could get an older one for a different color.

If you want to buy a new sport bike that isn't a 600cc supersport, you may want to consider the Suzuki GS500F. Bigger and a little faster than the Ninja250, but not as fast as the Ninja500. About 40hp, and a lot easier to work on than the Ninjas because it's air cooled. If you want more info, check out www.gstwin.com
    1998 Suzuki GS500E

there are some earlier versions of the GSXR that are 400cc, but thats the closest I think you're gonna find to a 250cc streetbike. Just keep it under 600cc and ride like you got a head on your shoulders and you should be OK.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/All-Suzu...ki_models.html