Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.

Thread: Riding to work and clothing

Recently Checked In

Riding to work and clothing

I am a design student doing research for a project. I just have a few open ended questions I would love to get some answers to. I'd appreciate responses from anybody, any bike, to get a broad spectrum of data. Please send your responses to me via email. I don't want to impose on the bandwidth of this forum.

1) Do you ride to work? Why or why not?

2) What do you ride?

3) What do you typically wear when riding and why? Does this have any impact on whether or not you ride to work?

Thanks so much for your time and help. Sorry to cross post this, but I want to get a lot of responses.

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    Well cross posting was a bad idea. Six threads was unnecessary. Don't do it again.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

I work out of the house, so I usually peddle my fuzzy bunny slippers from the bedroom to the office to go to work.

BUT. If I need to go to a client's facility, I'll ride the bike if I can, and attire depends on the style of the meeting. If I need to wear a suit, I'll usually take the cage. Semi-casual attire can usually be accomodated on the bike. I'll wear the leather chaps and jacket over the top of the kakis and buttondown to keep the bugs off of the clothing. If it's totally casual, I'll wear the kevlar jeans and shirt, or jacket and chaps if cool enough. I subscribe to the theory that leather is much easier to replace than skin is, so I tend to wear as much leather (or kevlar) as I can stand.

Another consideration is whether or not the client "frowns" on his perception of the biker lifestyle. I don't want to lose a customer because I come ripping up on a Harley that rattles the windows of his office.

Usually I ride a 96 FLSTF. She's my main squeeze, but there's always another bike in the stable.
    Last edited by bigwater; 09-08-2005 at 02:06 PM.
    Never twist the throttle with your ego

Cool glad to help

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce Ludwig

1) Do you ride to work? Why or why not?

Yes I do

2) What do you ride?

1988 Honda Goldwing 1500 GL

3) What do you typically wear when riding and why?

i wear a uniform to work so durning good weather I put the suit jacket into my bike trunk and wear another riding jacket.in bad weather (rain/snow/cold) I wear a foul weather suit that I leave in the trunk when I go into work.

Does this have any impact on whether or not you ride to work?not really but I do have to leave a little earlier so I can change.

Thanks so much for your time and help.
    Sorry to cross post this, but I want to get a lot of responses.

Your Welcome

- Yes, I ride to work, because the wife and I are on different schedules and she takes the cage.
    - 2000 Road King Police
    - Boots, jeans, shirt, dorag, gloves, Joe Rocket Jacket or leather jacket with reflective vest, 3/4 or full helmet. The reflective vest is required to get to work site. Everything else is pretty much weather dependent.
    Ride Safe! Ride Long!

R.K., are you military? (reflective vest requirement)
    Never twist the throttle with your ego