Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Prediction For The HD Company....

Very Active Member

My Prediction For The HD Company....

I believe that Harley Davidson, as we know it today (or don't know it as the case may be), will be belly-up within five years. The company is owned and operated by stuff shirts and their entourage and have no concern for anything but the bottom line.

"Screw the motorcycle and those that will buy one, we have no interest in such tripe because we are rich." "We are business people only, money is our product." These people are liberals with no sense of correct business practices as the HD company had in the past (long past, even before AMF).

AMF seems to be downgraded by HD enthusiasts and wrongly, I might add. The AMF years put HD in the assembly line mode of assembly. AMF also organized the company back into a single entity once more to become a viable, competitive, corporation in a bull market environment.

I further predict that FORD will take the reins of HD as owners. HD will be merged into the Ford Motor Company massive machine and gain the personality of the same.

Only a prediction, and only my opinion.
    Bill C.

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    hehe, who pissed in your cornflakes?
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

Were those quotes actually made by HD employees? Can you provide the source?

Very Active Member
    Take a look FX, you'll see what I'm saying and besides, I don't eat cereal. I'm not the least bit angry with my HD motorcycle, the company or a good conversation. My observation is not so light as pissing in cereal, there is concern here too. The matter is serious. (to me) These times at present may well show the weakness in our major corporations as well, like GM and Ford. How long will a statis-quo business last with liberals? They will cash in.... Who will take over?

Besides, take a look at any classified section of any newspaper or 'trader' type periodical. Harleys are being sold in massive quantities!

Concerned, and thanks too,
    Bill C.

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    I have no clue what liberals or conservatives for that matter would have to do with corporations catering to investors and taking as much money out of our pockets as possible?

The reason there are so many HD's for sale is simple. Most rich yuppies out there that brought a bike to be cool, found it to be a fad for themselves and are unloading.

I have predicted the saturation point for HD's for many years, but even with this trend, there are still more wanna be bikers looking to be cool everyday. It may never end.

I'm happy I can still get almost all of what I spent on my HD motorcycle back today if I sell it though.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

Very Active Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Were those quotes actually made by HD employees? Can you provide the source?
    Kim, you are apparently (and correctly) very concerned too. The reading matter that I take my sources from are varied. I read both sides (if I can) of a story or report and so far HD has not contradicted any reports of their demise and/or nonconcern.

I read Time, then News Week to receive the other side of, or; the other slant, as an example....

Thanks,
    Bill C.

I'm not really concerned...just curious as to where this info is coming from. Here's some interesting reading:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...12/P129538.asp

Well I can say something from personal experience... I've met Willy G. on several occasions, and he's anything BUT a stuffed shirt. If it wasn't for him HD would have died towards the end of the AMF days.
    Never twist the throttle with your ego

1Scorpion
    I sure hope it continues to make the quality motorcycles it's been making. Like any large and growing company there will always be those darn bean counters. Hopefuly Willy G. and others who are bikers will have enough control to keep this great American company on track. As for a lot of Harleys for sale I've noticed there has been mostly Harleys for sale for several years. Some of those are trying to turn a profit.

The Moco has survived longer than anyone else in the business, and I seriously doubt they will fail in the next 5 years , take a peek at thier stock vs almost anyone in the last 4 years . They do cater to thier demographic , and they are expensive to buy and own, but other than BMW and the Gold Wing set , thier ownership base is as loyal or more so than any.