Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got me my first bike!

Got me my first bike!

After getting my license this past summer and renting a couple of bikes or riding my brothers I finally got my own first motorcycle, a Yamaha XJ 600 S Diversion. It is not new but in very good shape. There is only one problem left: it is winter and definitely too cold and icy to ride it. Not to mention the snow. Well, I guess I have to wait until spring is around the corner for that and I am sooooooo impatient. Now I really wish I would live i.e. in Florida and not in Germany. Guys, I am the happiest woman in the world
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED !

Congratulations! I've been waiting for you to tell us you finally got your own bike. Take care riding in the winter... Warmth is important so you don't go into hypothermia. I know it might be hard to do, but the best thing may be to park it until things thaw out.

Nice looking bike by the way... for a rice burner. I promise to pick up the rice you spill out of your pocket when you bend over to help me clean up the oil I drip on the parking lot
    Never twist the throttle with your ego

It is a very nice motorcycle. I sugest you take the legs off the dining room table and tip it into a corner of the dining room. That leaves lots of room to wheel the Yamaha XJ 600 S Diversion into the dining room. Guests can hold thier plates on their laps while they admire your motorcycle and have interesting motorcycle conversation.

Inside Member Rider Info Insider

Congratulations Bikerlady!!!!

The dining "garage" sounds like a good idea.

Thumbs up NIce Bike....! I love Yamaha

Wahoooooo! Awesome... Thats looks like a Fun ZIpper Bike... I like that you can carry some Crap in the Back with you... If ever you are in FLorida LEt us Know we can cruise all Year...
    Ride Free Fly Right
    The Best part of Reality is the Dream

Very cool BikerLady! I can relate....I'm in Michigan (Northern US) so riding season is over til spring .

Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider
    Great looking Bike.

Thanks Big! I know it took a little time but as mentioned before I was visiting for months every biker shop and did a lot of testing until I found what I liked and more important something I felt compfy with.

Don't need to worry me riding the bike in winter time - I am not that crazy, too dangerous for a beginner. I'd rather take my SUV and keep warm.

Btw, it's a done deal in regard to your oil problem as long as you make sure you get really all of the rice - because I love to eat rice.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwater
    Congratulations! I've been waiting for you to tell us you finally got your own bike. Take care riding in the winter... Warmth is important so you don't go into hypothermia. I know it might be hard to do, but the best thing may be to park it until things thaw out.

Nice looking bike by the way... for a rice burner. I promise to pick up the rice you spill out of your pocket when you bend over to help me clean up the oil I drip on the parking lot

Thumbs up

Thanks CC! I must admit you are a very creative person. I do like this dining table idea and I have plenty of room for that too. I can look at my baby every day until spring is around the corner and won't suffer too much until I can ride it again. Besides the topcase could be used for wine/beer bottles. Yeah, that 's the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by c.crawford
    It is a very nice motorcycle. I sugest you take the legs off the dining room table and tip it into a corner of the dining room. That leaves lots of room to wheel the Yamaha XJ 600 S Diversion into the dining room. Guests can hold thier plates on their laps while they admire your motorcycle and have interesting motorcycle conversation.

Storm, I knew you would like it after knowing you prefer Yamahas. Yeap, the topcase comes in pretty handy and can be used for a lot of things. I am sure I will be back to the US and Florida but I doubt that I would bring the bike along. I am sure I can rent one and than it's on. I'll keep you informed.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRider
    Wahoooooo! Awesome... Thats looks like a Fun ZIpper Bike... I like that you can carry some Crap in the Back with you... If ever you are in FLorida LEt us Know we can cruise all Year...