Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.

Thread: Help me out PLEASE. Looking for a particular website

Nashville, Tn. soon to be Kingston Springs,Tn.

Help me out PLEASE. Looking for a particular website

It's time I started drawing up the plans for my trike project. I can't stop thinking about it. In my mind, I've practically got the entire thing worked out but now I need to put my ideas to paper and start figuring out measurements to see if everything fits. I don't want to go into a lot of detail about how it will turn out because it's so hard to describe when it would be a lot better if I can just get my "concept" drawings up on the forum for your scrutiny. But I will give you this much info......and a little background 411 on myself.

Much longer than I've even been a Harley nut, I've LOVED VWs. I've owned many, many of them since I was old enough to drive. So I wanted my first trike to be VW based simply because it's an obvious choice. I know them really well. But there are couple of details that I want to work out.

First, I want to build my own front end. This is simply an opinion, but I personally don't like the looks of a metric bike (or even a Harley) front end grafted onto a trike frame. I know there's nothing wrong with this aproach but I just don't really care for the way it comes out looking. To me, trikes just cry out for springers, girders or trailing links.

Secondly, I don't like the VW trikes tendency to wheelie when you get on it. I got over my wheelie stage in life when I gave up dirt bikes. I have visions of going around a cloverleaf on the interstate and accidentally raising the front end up just when I need it to stay down. oooops! So I want to add weight to my trike on the front end to try and compensate for the VW motor hanging off the back end.

Somewhere on the internet during my surfing all about trikes, I found a website where a guy was building his own trailing link front end for a VW trike. HELP! I can't find that website again and it's driving me crazy.

Please, if anyone knows about this site, steer me in the right direction.

This guy that has this site, has built his own trailing link front end. He built his own triple trees and figured out his rake and trail and everything. But I've got to find my way back just for the input.

If you can help me, thank you in advance.

Permanent Fixture immortalbitch's Avatar
    checking for you .......................
    RIDE SAFE EVERYONE,

THE BITCH

http://btw-trikers.org/uploads/home.php

try here .... maybe they can help you
    RIDE SAFE EVERYONE,

THE BITCH

Yeah, I'd already found this one. It's definately the GRAND daddy of trike sites. I went to the links page and spent many hours just going through all the links. Man what a source of info! But sadly, I couldn't find that one that I was looking for. I did however, find a bunch of dead end links and I'm wondering if the site I've got my heart set on has been taken down, hacked or otherwise is offline.

Hey Immortalbitch-

I found that URL I was looking for thanks to you. I'd been all over the Bros of the Third Wheel site but had never seen the "forum" button. So when you said to ask, I thought that I must've missed it. So when I went back to look again, WOW, there it was. And yeah, those guys new just what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, the URL is down right now but one of the members has all the info on PDF and is emailing it to me.

What the heck did we ever do before the internet?

i'm glad i was able to help!!! just remember we want pics!!!!
    RIDE SAFE EVERYONE,

THE BITCH