Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: California law

California law

What the "heck" is this California law stating that to bring in a bike from another state it has to have 7500 miles on it?
    I bought my (new) Harley in San diego, had it for two years and then moved to Arizona. Now I want to sell it to a man in California but state law says he cant bring the bike into the state until it has the required 7500 miles. What a crock....
    Since I ve moved to Arizona I have discovered how screwed up the California state really is. I live in Cal for 60 years and just moved. Amazing how different states are.....Until you get out of Cal you dont realize what a communist state it is....
    SW

I lived there 35 years, will never move back . Great roads , great weather , TOO many people , TOO many restrictive laws and WAY TOO expensive. My scooter is illegal to run out there, and no problem in Georgia.

I'd say it's more a Facist state than communist

Whats wierd is that California says that my Harley doesnt now meet the EPA smog rules. THERE ARE NO EPA RULES FOR MOTORCYCLES. DUH!

Permanent Fixture immortalbitch's Avatar
    i wish you lots of luck there!!!!
    RIDE SAFE EVERYONE,

THE BITCH

RiderInfo Regular Rider Info Insider
    It must be difficult trying to keep up with the do's and don'ts over there. Much simpler here in blighty, the law covers the WHOLE country.

Recognized Member
    My question is this. You lived in Cali and did not put over 7500 miles on your bike in 2 years. I live in the Mid West and do around 10000 a year. Wonder what I would do if I could ride more than 7 months a year???????????????????
    Think Ink!!!
    Riding proud with the
    US MILITARY VETS M/C
    WWW.USMVMC.ORG(NATIONAL)

Zackly. Thats why my Harley is for sale. I just dont ride....
    SteveW
    notsew_evets@frontiernet.net

Nashville, Tn. soon to be Kingston Springs,Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by LEWY
    Much simpler here in blighty, the law covers the WHOLE country.
    That may be true, but you're entire country is not much larger than one of our states. But I know what you're saying. We have so many freedoms here that we actually have the freedom to oppress other people's freedoms. Sounds weird doesn't it. But, All we have to do is band together and outvote someone else. We then take away their freedoms because the "Majority Rules." And THAT'S why the laws differ so much from state to state.

Also, that Rocky Mountain Spotted Owl has better lawyers than we do to. Those lawyers are looking to cut out all the traffic they can while only pissing off those who have zero political clout. So now you know why so many of these laws are worded so strangely. Are you starting to see the picture?

I really appreciated going to Mexico last year. Down there, if you walk into a grocery store and there's a dude mopping the floor, you better not slip on the wet surface. If you do, you're on your own.....too bad. That means in Mexico, the store owner has the freedom to never have to worry about being sued cause you should've been watching where you were walking. So in some respects, Americans are losing their freedoms and they only have themselves to blame for it.

" Freedom is just another word for nothing else to lose"

J.J. 1964
    Last edited by stevew; 03-23-2006 at 08:45 AM.

California Bikes do have different smog standards , and HD tacks on $100 for the pleasure