Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.

Thread: 1996 Virago 750...

1996 Virago 750...

I just rode a friends 750 and it was nice. He is wanting to sell it. It has 19,000 miles. It rides nice. I did not notice any wierd vibrations. Tires look okay. Comes with saddlebags and a removable windshield. Questions are:
    1. what else should I look for? Paint and gauges look okay, what else? It brakes very well....I just don't know what else to look at, other than obvious cables.
    2. what should I be concerned about buying a 10 year old bike? What kind of things are going to come up that might need immediate repair?
    3. He is asking $2200. Is that a reasonable price?

thanks in advance for any help!!!

Blog Entries

According to Kelly Blue Book.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal
    I just rode a friends 750 and it was nice. He is wanting to sell it. It has 19,000 miles. It rides nice. I did not notice any wierd vibrations. Tires look okay. Comes with saddlebags and a removable windshield. Questions are:
    1. what else should I look for? Paint and gauges look okay, what else? It brakes very well....I just don't know what else to look at, other than obvious cables.
    2. what should I be concerned about buying a 10 year old bike? What kind of things are going to come up that might need immediate repair?
    3. He is asking $2200. Is that a reasonable price?

thanks in advance for any help!!!

The retail value listed on KBB.com is $2900 with an expected mileage of 43,000 miles.

If the bike drives nice, has no strange noises, brakes straight, and is in good overall condition, that is actually a very good price. I would look ate the oil to see if it is clean. Check the battery connections to see if they are corroded. Look in the fuel tank for rust. The one thing that I always make sure is to do is start the bike when it is cold. That way you can see if there is any smoking or valve clattering. A common thing for people to do is warm up a bike before someone comes to look at it. Not that your friend would do that, but some people would. Virago's are usually very dependable bikes and it sounds as if your friend is giving you a pretty good deal.

Buford...you have been very helpful!!! Thanks!

Blog Entries

We are here to help each other...............

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal
    Buford...you have been very helpful!!! Thanks!

I am really glad that I could be of some help. Knowledge is worthless until you share it. I hope that the bike works out for you. And if not, you will find something nice, because you are asking all of the right questions.