Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.

View Poll Results: If it were you, what woudl you do?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get it done immediately?

6 75.00%
  • Or wait until after the riding season is over?

2 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, I need some advice...............

Blog Entries

Ok, I need some advice...............

Imagine that, Buford is asking for advice this time instead of giving it.

Two years ago February I was in an accident. My van got hit from behind by a tow truck pulling a car. Didn't think that I was hurt bad at first, just pissed because I was still recuperating form an accident in 97. Got hit from behind that time also. I knew I was hurt the first time. Both times I messed up my hip and my left shoulder. Finally after two years of almost constant pain, they finally found the cause of the pain. I have a herniated disc, and a bulging disc in my neck, 3 bulging disc's in my lower back and a ligamnet in my shoulder that has a lengthwise tear in it. I go to see the surgeon on the 17th of this month. The advice I need is, if it were you, would you get the surgery over with as soon as possible, or would you wait till the end of the riding season? I am leaning towards waiting till the end of the season. Recuperation time is estimated at 3 months. I just bought the ultra, and I would hate to see it sit all summer.

Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider
    About 10 years ago I was in constant pain with back problems. I had a bulging disk that was pushing on the nerve and the pain got unbearable. I found a good surgeon and he did a marvelous job.
    Always get a second opinion before surgery.

Permanent Fixture immortalbitch's Avatar
    i agree with JFN .... get a second opinion. not all doctors like to cut to repair you ...... check out the options and i'm not talking the quack-o-practor either!!
    RIDE SAFE EVERYONE,

THE BITCH

Nashville, Tn. soon to be Kingston Springs,Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by bufordtpisser
    I just bought the ultra, and I would hate to see it sit all summer.
    The Ultra will be just fine. I'll turn the keys back over as soon as you're back to 100% and ready to get back in the saddle.

Blog Entries

Knew that I could count on you man..............

Quote Originally Posted by Dgrason
    The Ultra will be just fine. I'll turn the keys back over as soon as you're back to 100% and ready to get back in the saddle.
    Amazingly most of my FRIENDS made the same offer. So nice to be loved. (Well at least the bike gets love)

Lost Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    buford, I am sending you a PM. Back Surgery is something that I know about.
    Tugs

I would wait...
    never having ridden on the road really before, my only thought here is that I know I am always supposed to do my best to be 100% before I read, mentally and physically. Of course, 20 years from now when I am a seasoned driver, I might think differently...

I guess it all depends on whether or not you're risking aggravating the injury by not taking care of it. That would be my biggest concern. I could live with a little pain for the rest of the riding season and have it fixed later, but not if it meant I could end up paralyzed. Definitely find out what your risks are if you wait, and don't just take one doctor's word for it.
    Never twist the throttle with your ego

Inside Member Rider Info Insider

Quote Originally Posted by bigwater
    I guess it all depends on whether or not you're risking aggravating the injury by not taking care of it. That would be my biggest concern. I could live with a little pain for the rest of the riding season and have it fixed later, but not if it meant I could end up paralyzed. Definitely find out what your risks are if you wait, and don't just take one doctor's word for it.
    I agree with Big. If you are gonna fuck your self up worse, then I think you need to take care of it.

Blog Entries

I won't wait if................

Quote Originally Posted by aja
    I agree with Big. If you are gonna fuck your self up worse, then I think you need to take care of it.
    I won't wait if there is any chance of it getting worse. But remember that this accident happened two years ago and it took them this long to find these problems. I will definately get more than one opinion, and since I work in a doctors office, that will be the easy part. My doctors wouldn't allow me to postpone if there were any danger of further injury. I am just way too valuable.(ha ha) But I can tell you one thing, if I do have to give up an entire riding season, well lets just say that my lawyer has some adjustments to make.