Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost My Friend: In Memory of Louie Greco

RiderInfo Regular Rider Info Insider

Lost My Friend: In Memory of Louie Greco

I grew up with this guy. He went to Myrtle Beach for the Rally and was killed before he was there even 24 hours. His name is Louie.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld...h/14576525.htm

Back to Home > Sunday, May 14, 2006Bikers at the Beach
    Posted on Sun, May. 14, 2006email thisprint thisreprint or license this
    Three bikers killed in traffic crashes
    By Dawn Bryant
    The Sun News
    STATS: Law enforcement citations
    Rain, storms today, Monday
    Check out Harley rally's hot spots
    Key rally changes, things to know
    The Harley rally has gotten off to a tragic start, with three bikers dying in separate crashes Saturday.

All three fatal wrecks involved bikers colliding with vehicles, with at least two of them caused by vehicles pulling into the bikes' paths, officials said. About 17 bike crashes happened in Horry County on Friday and Saturday, according to county officials.

Three deaths in the rally's first weekend isn't a good sign, said Randy Webster, Horry County's Emergency Management Director. The number is just two shy of all the bike-related traffic deaths that occurred during the 10-day rally period last year.

"It's not encouraging," Webster said. "We'd prefer not to have any. But [this many] this early into it is definitely discouraging."

Last year, five people died during the Carolina Harley Davidson Dealers Association Myrtle Beach Rally, but none during the rally's first weekend. This year, at least 300,000 bikers are expected at the beach before the rally ends May 21.

"I don't remember there ever being this many [bike fatalities] the first day," Horry County Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard said.

The first fatal crash happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday on Mr. Joe White Avenue near Osceola Drive. Louis Greco Jr., 35, from Jersey City, N.J., was riding a bike that collided with a vehicle, Horry County coroner Robert Edge said.

Greco was traveling west on Mr. Joe White Avenue when the car pulled off of Osceola Drive trying to make a left turn onto Mr. Joe White Avenue and ended up in the bike's path, Capt. David Knipes with the Myrtle Beach Police Department said. Greco's bike struck the driver's side door of the car, Knipes said.

A passenger on the bike, whose name was not available Saturday, was taken to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center with major head trauma, Knipes said. The driver of the vehicle also was injured and flown to McLeod Regional Medical Center in Florence.

Their names and conditions weren't available Saturday night.

In the second fatality, Samuel Lafe Bingham, 25, of Juneau, Alaska, died after his bike collided with a vehicle about 12:20 p.m. Saturday on S.C. 9 near S.C. 410, according to the S.C. Highway Patrol.

Bingham, a soldier from Fort Bragg, N.C., had just turned 25 on Friday, said Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner Dan Bellamy.

The third crash happened about 4:30 p.m. on Kings Highway at the intersection with the former air base.

The circumstances of that collision were similar to the earlier crashes. Authorities said a vehicle pulled in front of a motorcycle driven by Jerry Sullivan, 54, of Kershaw, as he headed north on U.S. 17.

The driver of the vehicle, whose name wasn't available, was not injured, Willard said.

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    Hard to believe. Give his mom dad and brothers my condolences. He was a good man in my memories.

Terrace Avenue won't be the same without him.
    Last edited by FX; 05-17-2006 at 05:16 PM.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

I'm very sorry for your friend Louie Greco. I hope his passenger makes it.

Blog Entries

Sorry for your loss man.........................

This type of thing will continue as long as the authorities treat the killing of our brothers and sisters as a low level crime on the same level as shop lifting. Until the pro biker lobbyists in DC can get a federal law passed that makes this heinous crime (negligent homicide), punishable by major jail time, we will continue to bury our loved ones at a rate that is unacceptable. Do whatever you can to make sure that your local legislaters know how appalled we are at their continued reluctance to pass tougher penalty laws for the killing of bikers.

It always pisses me off when I hear about a fellow biker getting injured or killed by the "I didn't see him crowd", but to lose three in one weekend is unacceptable.

I am really sorry for you loss.
    Last edited by bufordtpisser; 05-15-2006 at 07:41 AM.

Inside Member Rider Info Insider

Sorry to hear that Taz.

I hope Myrtle doesn't set any fatality records this year like Daytona did. But so far it's not sounding good.

Permanent Fixture immortalbitch's Avatar
    sorry for your loss TAZ ......
    RIDE SAFE EVERYONE,

THE BITCH

Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider
    Sorry about your friend Taz.

Man Taz, that sucks. Have you heard anything else about the passenger? Was it his wife/girlfriend?
    Never twist the throttle with your ego

My heart goes out to his family and friends!!
    MAY THE WIND ALWAYS BE IN YOUR FACE!
    http://www.geocities.com/roy_boy59/shovelhead.html

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    I don't have the details yet, I keep missing TAZ's calls. But this guy grew up right across the street with us. We hung out daily. Then when we got older, we even saw Louie when we went for a slice of pizza. He was the counter man at the neighborhood pizza place, Vinnie's.

I don't live there and have long lost touch with these folks, but TAZ is near there and still visits mom often and has contact with the family. I didn't even know the guy rode. I even wonder where he lives these days. I'm real curious who the passenger was as well.

I wish the family the best.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."