Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Harley's

Very Active Member Rider Info Insider

2007 Harley's

Check out the HD website. The new '07's are on the site. New 96" and 6 speed on the touring bikes!! Check it out.

Bluesjammer
    Bluesjammer

I think the 07 Softail Custom is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!
    2005 XL1200 Custom

Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider

Sure......now that I bought a 2006 Roadking they go to a six speed transmission for the 2007's.

Settled In
    They did alot with the new bikes, they really needed to, with the jap bikes having bigger engines standard. Now you can even get a stage kit up to 110 ci. on the new harleys. Wish i had waited another 3 weeks before i got my new one.

Very Active Member Rider Info Insider

John, I know what you mean. The 6 speed would be nice, but I really wish I had that motor.
    Bluesjammer
    Bluesjammer

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries

2007 Harley Davidson Motorcycles

As much as I love my harley, I'd be inclined to see how they shake out in use. After all, we remember the first incarnation of the twin cam and it's problems. But a tranny may be easier to pull off.

Big inch motors and 6 speed transmissions are nice though. Great to see Harley Davidson doing things like this.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesjammer
    John, I know what you mean. The 6 speed would be nice, but I really wish I had that motor.
    Bluesjammer
    Me too.

Here's a little tidbit I come across in the internet, some of what he had to say hits close to the mark..in my opinion anyway. :: To most people, “heavyweight V-twin” means “Harley”. But Harleys were rare in my neck of the woods, at least until the Evo’s deluged the marketplace and suddenly every stockbroker and advertising exec seemed to have one. Harleys were rare because owning one was a daunting prospect: they were expensive, they (pre-Evo) needed above-average mechanical competence to keep on the road, and they were prime targets for getting stolen. It required a very high level of commitment to both obtain and retain a Harley.
    Lastly, and most controversially, I don’t like Harleys because such a lot of the people who ride Harleys are wankers (for you Americans, “wanker” = “jerk-off”).  This is not a hard-&-fast rule, and I do personally know of exceptions, but in the circles I have operated in there are usually two main camps.  The yuppies or rubbies or whatever you want to call them, with new Evo’s accessorized to within an inch of their American Express, who want to play at being bad boys on the weekend.  Then there are the real bad boys,  the tribal cults whose members need a Harley as part of their wardrobe in order to be socially valid with their in-crowd, and if they don’t have one then they will steal somebody else’s.  There must also be a significant third group of people best described as “enthusiasts” who unselfconsciously love their Harleys for what they are, i.e. as motorcycles.  But in my mind they get overshadowed by the bad vibes emanating from the other two groups, best described as “poseurs”, who use Harley ownership mainly to make a statement about their penis size.  I do not want to be mistaken for a “poser”.  

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    LMAO. I agree with most of what you said, but I don't think it's as bad as you may think.

Yuppies buy harley's to play bad boy because they realize that the harley is the only bike they can resell after a couple of years and it will still be worth something. That is just smart business sense.

The bad boys steal them because they have value. Another business decision.

The rest go out and buy a cheap motorcycle so they can play bad boy right now with no long term plan. Some of these bikes are worthless before they are paid for. Most none of them are targets for theft because of poor resale value. Most of the buyers don't stick to riding morotcycles and the bikes they buy rot in the garage.

You can find the high end and low end player in any hobbie. At the end of the day, your type of bike and what it's worth means nothing to nobody except you. It's if you ride that matters. No matter what your motorcycle is worth, it's worthless if you don't ride it.

That being said, if you have a harley, you can get out with your investment. If you don't, your trial at being a bad biker was kinda expensive.

For me it's both persona and investment. I want to feel cool and know that the effort I put into making my motorcycle mine has real value.

P.S. Red corvettes make your dick bigger, not motorcycles.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."