Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Vespa petitions for motorcycle parking
Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vespa petitions for motorcycle parking

Thumbs up Vespa petitions for motorcycle parking

Sign the Vespatition! Vespa USA has started a petition to help get more designated motorcycle parking.

www.vespausa.com

Parking for All! Sign the Vespatition to convert some automobile spaces to two-wheel spaces!

By signing the Vespatition, you are promoting the conversion of some automobile parking spaces to two-wheel spaces. The results will be publicized and sent to your local mayor.

Just as parking spaces for compact cars and handicapped parking stalls have increased efficiency and convenience in urban and suburban communities, officially designated two-wheel parking facilities can do the same.

Government agencies should consider removing the two-wheeler from the four-wheeler parking space and placing it in its own, scaled down zone. This is a simple concept that can be embraced by city councils, urban planners, local merchants, contractors, shopping center management and private businesses whenever parking for motor vehicles is provided.

Here are some suggestions for motorcycle/scooter parking that we are proposing:

Street-legal parking - convert a number of existing parking spaces every couple of streets to motorcycle/scooter parking

* Spaces can be metered or un-metered
    * The smaller size of two-wheel vehicles allows them to fit into unoccupied areas on streets and sidewalks, creating efficiencies in urban planning and increasing city revenues (if metered).
    * Six motorcycles, scooters or limited-access motorcycles carrying from six to twelve people can be parked in the area normally taken up by one automobile. If, however, no motorcycle parking facility is provided in the area, one would possibly find those six motorcycles occupying up to six separate automobile spaces.

Convert unused space - cement curbs of a certain size can be converted to two-wheel parking. A specialized parking area for motorcycles and scooters not only leaves more space for the automobiles, but also caters to the riders' needs by providing a well-lit, convenient and secure location in which they may confidently leave their vehicle. Such facilities can be small in area and can usually be located near a building entrance or at the end of a parking island.

Parking garages - designate parking spaces in municipal garages for two-wheel vehicles. Create a more equitable rate structure for two-wheel vehicle parking in private garages.

Sidewalk parking - permit scooters and motorcycles to be parked in designated areas on sidewalks and locked to structures which currently accommodate bicycles.
    51% naughty, 49% nice

Vespa? That sounds like something you need to see a doctor about, perhaps a nice shot of penicillin will cure it.

Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider
    Far enuff away from cry ass to sleep soundly
    Blog Entries
    Wazzamattau? You no a carry a vespa ona back a you Dresser, like a spare tire?

"IT AIN'T EASY BEING ME!"

naw - Harley riders don need no stinkin vespa

Blog Entries

Na............................

I wearsa my vespa ova my shirta. Matchesa my shapsa.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vpats View Post
    naw - Harley riders don need no stinkin vespa
    That's right Vpats...I always hitched a ride in the chase vehicle when I rode my Harley...LOL

Blog Entries

Trailer Queen................

Quote Originally Posted by thebighop View Post
    That's right Vpats...I always hitched a ride in the chase vehicle when I rode my Harley...LOL
    Real Harley riders don't need a chase vehicle. They fix whats broke and keep going. Never had to haul any of my Harley's, always got me to my destination and back. Wish I could say the same about all of my other bikes.

Blog Entries
    Me too...fact is though I had to walk home a few times when I owned Harleys....All I can say is none of them were newer than 1983' models. I do know that the newer HD's are one hell of a lot better built than the older one's and can be expected to hold up real well with proper care...as is the case with most any bike...even a Vespa...ewwwwwww!

oooooo ... bighop .. i surly hope i didn't hit a nerve ..
    There are of course, in reality, two kinds of motorcycle riders .. the ones who ride Harley's and those that wish they did.

In 1939, my uncle and his buddy rode from central Michigan (Blanchard) to somewhere out in Texas and back. Unk had a 1937 HD and it made the whole trip. Not real sure, but I'm thinkin' the other dude had an Indian. It broke down a couple times, so the story goes. But back then there were no Interstates and very few paved roads, mostly gravel. Must have been quite an experience. My dad talked about it when I was a little kid. My first Harley was a 1949 panhead with a tankshift and foot clutch, a tricky arrangement in towns that had traffic lights on hilly streets. Osha would have had a shitfit. It was 8 years old when I bought it, paid $500.00 for it. Started out on a Matchless Clubman, a 500cc verticle twin. I think it was a 1951 model.
    "I don't ride in loafers and shorts, and I don't pay nobody to work on my bike."