Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Townline Yamaha
Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.

Thread: Townline Yamaha

Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider
    Far enuff away from cry ass to sleep soundly
    Blog Entries

Townline Yamaha

Flint , Michigan area....
    Took my Royal Star Venture in for a tire change. Had to wait 4 days while the mechanic replaced a wiring harness on a Victory...come on, how long could that really take...if you knew how?
    Back to the story here...
    The second mechanic in charge calls to tell me that my mono shock leaks, and needs replacing. I asked , what are you messing with my shock for? You don't need to touch it to change a tire. He tells me that they unloaded the preload on the shock to remove the rear rim....What??????
    There is no connection from the shock to the rim, and (and this is the real kicker) anytime you unload the preload, the shock will leak, until it's under pressure from the weight of the bike and re-preloaded.
    If you didn't know that little bit of info, you'd be agreeing to replace the shock at $489.00 plus installation.
    I went to the dealer to check this out and I was correct, there was no leaking shock...just an untrained kid for a mechanic. From there I proceeded to reassemble the shock and change the tire myself...having lost all confidence in the ability of the hired help.
    Next time I need a dealerships help, I'll go to Ray C's in Lapeer....28 miles out of my way, but they have kick-ass mechanics that know their stuff.

"IT AIN'T EASY BEING ME!"

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    Good catch on your part and thanks for the heads up. The service industry is really going down hill to the point of fraud in many areas where people need serivce. Sad part, as you point out, some comsumers don't know better. My opinion is unethical service centers prey on these consumers. Sad world we live in these days.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

What about the four day storage fee?
    Promote Hunanism (extra spicey)

Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider
    Far enuff away from cry ass to sleep soundly
    Blog Entries
    Makes me wonder if they don't train these guys to do that sort of thing...I have seen guys spend over $1000.00 for service work and parts, when all they wanted was an oil change...
    It's the old...Canuton Valve and Muffler Bearings routine...
    Might as well change the air in your tires while we have ya up on the rack, eh?
    Oh...and I don't think the dealer thought it would be a good move to charge me the 4 day storage fee...I am too well conected with the biker crowd in my neck of the woods, and a bad rating from me might not be very good for his already questionable service....

"IT AIN'T EASY BEING ME!"

Recently Checked In

Townline Yamaha

I steel need engine for yamaha 1100 unfortunatly my crank case dameged too badly and I cant give it for rebuild