Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Seat For Ultra Classic

  1. #1
    Active Member hdtherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    JOHNSTOWN PA
    Posts
    38

    Unhappy Seat For Ultra Classic

    i have a 07 ultra classic,,i want to know if someone knows whats a good seat for long rides.i get butt tired after 500 miles,,i ride alot of cross country riding..i had a air seat but wasnt a good seat,,,need ideas thanks,,e-mail
    hdtherapy@hotmail.com

  2. #2
    Lost bufordtpisser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,173
    Blog Entries
    2

    Gel seats.......

    Quote Originally Posted by hdtherapy View Post
    i have a 07 ultra classic,,i want to know if someone knows whats a good seat for long rides.i get butt tired after 500 miles,,i ride alot of cross country riding..i had a air seat but wasnt a good seat,,,need ideas thanks,,e-mail
    hdtherapy@hotmail.com
    Have you tried any of the gel seats that are available from various manufacturers. Personally, on long trips of over 400 miles I just use a natural sheep skin that I had made at a leather shop. I am thinkin about getting a gel insert for it.

  3. #3
    Active Member hdtherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    JOHNSTOWN PA
    Posts
    38
    doesnt gel break down?

  4. #4
    Lost bufordtpisser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,173
    Blog Entries
    2

    Eventually........

    Quote Originally Posted by hdtherapy View Post
    doesnt gel break down?
    But I know bicycle riders who have used the same seat for oner 7 years and there seats are like new. There are also pants that have gel inserts in them. Depends whether comfort or style is more important. Most of the gel seats that I have looked at have replaceable gel inserts.

  5. #5
    Active Member hdtherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    JOHNSTOWN PA
    Posts
    38
    will look into it,,thanks

  6. #6
    Active Member ophawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    North Iowa
    Posts
    40
    look in to air hawk, i have heard a lot about them
    People are more violently opposed to fur then leather, because itís safer to harass rich women then motorcycle gangs.



    DC1 USN 16 Years

  7. #7
    Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider
    JFN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by bufordtpisser View Post
    But I know bicycle riders who have used the same seat for oner 7 years and there seats are like new. There are also pants that have gel inserts in them. Depends whether comfort or style is more important. Most of the gel seats that I have looked at have replaceable gel inserts.
    I have a pair of padded bicycle riding shorts that I wear underneath my jeans for long trips. They help a lot for comfort without looking to silly.

  8. #8
    Lost bufordtpisser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,173
    Blog Entries
    2

    Yep, those are the ones...........

    Quote Originally Posted by JFN View Post
    I have a pair of padded bicycle riding shorts that I wear underneath my jeans for long trips. They help a lot for comfort without looking to silly.
    I used to use them all of the time when I rode bicycle. I did between 50 and 75 miles per day when I was much younger. Now I get winded going around the block. But those shorts are a real ball saver. Just wear some loose fitting jeans over them or you will look like you forgot to stop at a restroom.

  9. #9
    Recently Checked In
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brownsville CA
    Posts
    1
    I have used both the gel seat pad and the Airhawk seat pad and the Airhawk is much better. Just rode 1255 miles in 5 days with the Airhawk and it was great.

    I

  10. #10
    Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider
    JFN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,212
    Quote Originally Posted by jamminjim View Post
    I have used both the gel seat pad and the Airhawk seat pad and the Airhawk is much better. Just rode 1255 miles in 5 days with the Airhawk and it was great.

    I
    Welcome to the forum.

Similar Threads

  1. New Seat Belt Law
    By thebighop in forum Rider Info Comedy Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 08:06 PM
  2. Zeplin Seat For Ultra Classic
    By hdtherapy in forum Buy-Sell-Trade
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 06:17 PM
  3. Performance option for 650 classic
    By betabilly in forum Street Bikes and Trikes - All Makes and Models
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 09:43 PM
  4. Grandchild Seat
    By bikergrams in forum Open Topics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 08:40 PM
  5. Touring seat for M50
    By Medic1 in forum Street Bikes and Trikes - All Makes and Models
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 08:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •