Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

So it's winter...
Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.

Thread: So it's winter...

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries

So it's winter...

Some of you are putting your bikes up for the winter. What do you do to prep your bike? Is your storage climate controled? Will you be doing any work on it this winter? Let's hear what's going on, you may give someone else a great idea!

"What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

Quote Originally Posted by smeg
    Some of you are putting your bikes up for the winter. What do you do to prep your bike? Is your storage climate controled? Will you be doing any work on it this winter? Let's hear what's going on, you may give someone else a great idea!

I have no reason to put my bike away since it's runs so much better than my truck. and have you notice the Gas prices lately? so I will be investing in winter Riding gear. However if one is puting away there bike for winter, I'd sujest draining the oil and put in some engine oil treatment to make sure all parts are protected this winter. and keep the bike on a tarp or something and cover the bike with a cover and take out the battery and strore it. :sign chil :sign your

RiderInfo Regular
    Well unfortunately mine goes away in the winter. Fortunately it rests in a heated shop complete with hoist, tool boxes, mig and stick welding machines, satTV, stereo, fridge, and microwave. We have almost as much fun in the winter tinkering with the bikes and shoot'n the shit about the past season as we do during ride'n season. Friends are always stop'n by for a beer and a chat or just to see what kind of havok we're upto.
    As far as prepping the bike for the winter goes, I give it an oil change, top up the tanks and add some "stabul" fuel stabilizer. I find a battry minder is a good idea just to keep the battery up to par. Not a whole lot on the agenda this winter although i do have a new clutch to install if I get real ambitious in between beers.
    Oh now that I'm out of work for awhile I might open our doors to do some repairs and upgrades for a couple of friends of ours ... we'll see. :dont know
    LOUD!! Pipes Save Lives

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    That hanging out and talking about the past season with a beer is priceless time when ya can get it.

Good luck picking up some extra bucks turning the wrenchs.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

Settled In
    Sounds like my garage 84. When we bought this house about 3 years ago it had as small garage. We ripped it down and built a 2 1/2 car garage complete with plumbing, insulation, heat, etc. I just bought a new plasma cutter to add to my collection of goodies. That is one thing about being in the bar business, I run into every tool imaginable at a good price(among other things). LOL We even watch football out there. I damn near live in my garage. Always some hooligan stopping by. Right now I have the FatBoy in peices getting it ready for a new custom paint job and other goodies.

Very Active Member
    It's official the bike is put away for the 2004 season
    Logged a little over 3,000 miles this year,less then years past, the weather & other distractions kept me off the bike!

Anyhow, I wash & wax the bike,change the oil,fill the gas tank to the top & run the gas out of carb,and this year I installed a Battery Tender to keep the battery at full charge through the winter. In years past I pulled the battery and brought inside to prevent freezing.
    Now I'll do this for the rest of winter.->