Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.

Thread: Poker Run-leesburg Bikefest

Blog Entries

Poker Run-leesburg Bikefest

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some info for the Abate Poker run on Sat at Leesburg Bikefest. I went on that run, lol. We checked in at Paradise Harbor and lo, the waitress didn't even know there was that run coming thru, much less anyone there to do the cards. The guy finally showed up and I was one of the lucky few that got my card at that station. The poor guy that showed up claimed he didn't know ahead of time to be there???? Abate also didn't show up at the Jamm Inn with cards so had to draw extra at Steve's which was the last stop. Ok, so I'm still hanging. I paid my extra $3.00 and got my extra three cards and finally got a full house. But, lol, noone showed up to present the award for poker run at the fest at 4:30 Sat afternnoon. My question is, who won the damn thing with what poker hand??? Anyone got a clue on what happened??? Needless to say, I won't be on Abate run next year. Angel Flight was a little more expensive but I noticed someone present and accounted for for them. And they had a nice lunch included in their price and I believe in their cause to help flights for medical attention. Someone help me out, please??

Sportycat

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    I got caught in traffic and missed the awards for that run. It appears that even if I was there though, I'd have not gotten pictures.

I have two contacts I can check with on this. When I get an answer, I'll holler.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

It's nice to see that ABATE is about as useful at poker runs as they are at fighting for biker rights. That organization is about as useless as george bush is as president.
    American by birth,
    Veteran by choice
    Underemployed cause I don't speak spanish

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    Was it the Tri-County Dice Run?
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

Blog Entries

Abate Poker Run

No, FX, it wasn't the Tri County Dice on Friday. It was the regular Abate Poker Run scheduled for Sat. I signed up at Abate campground on Sat morning and headed out to Waters Edge. Next was Paradise Harbor, and the people there didn't know to expect Abate. The guy that showed up for the card draw, told another guy there, he didn't know he was supposed to be there Sat morning. ??? Then the next stop was the Jamm Inn close to Zellwood. Noone was there for the card draw so I called the number on the poker map. I believe his name was Painter. He said noone would be there, just come on up to Steve's Bar in Leesburg and draw two cards. Steve's was the last stop so run wasn't all that anyway. It seemed a lot shorter this year. I got 4 of spades at two stops in a row on top of my 4 of hearts. The guy initialed my fours but the guy at Steve's said it wasn't allowed to have two 4's of same suit like that so I had to draw another card and kick off one of the fours. So I ended up with fours over two's for a full house. It sounded like they thought I might have a winning hand so I was in front of the Bud stage by 4:00 for Tat contest anyway and Abate was to give out awards there by 4:30 but noone came forward when Abate was called at band stage. So needless to say you wouldn't have got award pics Sat but you could have gotten the tat contest. LOL, I actually had enough of a buzz to get up on the stage with my tats. I didn't win of course but had a lot of fun. I just wondered who did win the Abate awards and why they didn't give a shit enough to plan out what they were doing. Sure did give them some bad publicity as I wasn't the only one unhappy about the circumstances. Let me or should I say us, know what you find out.

CAT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joebasta View Post
    It's nice to see that ABATE is about as useful at poker runs as they are at fighting for biker rights. That organization is about as useless as george bush is as president.
    You could be right about that.