Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
engine oil level
Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.

Thread: engine oil level

Recently Checked In

engine oil level

Is it just me and my eyes or is it very hard to see the oil level in a 2005 650 classic. And do you really need to purchase yamaha oil. and what does everyone use out there I hear 20w40 is what you need in the summer and 10w30 in the early spring and fall. Anyone out there have an answer.

Thanks

Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider
    Far enuff away from cry ass to sleep soundly
    Blog Entries
    Prop the bike upright, and use a flash lite to see the oil level window...It can be difficult to see , but you should see the oil level...If you can't see the level of the oil...as in a distinct line that indicates the level, you may be over full...If you don't see any oil at all you are under full.
    The level should be in the middle third of the window...
    Use Yamaha oil exclusively if you feel you need to spend more money than you need to. I use AMSOIL in my bike and it works great...
    Talk to Oil Doc here on this forum and he'll give you pretty much all the lube info you'll ever need to know.
    Last edited by thebighop; 06-02-2007 at 06:19 PM.

"IT AIN'T EASY BEING ME!"

It ain't just you, I have difficulty seeing the level also in my old lady's 650. Thebighop has it right, use a flashlight, it works. Amsoil is great, wait till the bike is fully "broke in" to use it though.

I had a 650 Classic and yes, it is a little difficult to check.. 2nd person helps...

You are safe to change over to AMSOIL at your 600 mile service. No break-in necessary.

I sell to all forum members at dealer cost. You couldn't buy it cheaper if you were a dealer yourself and in most cases, I am still less than if you were a dealer due to sales tax that I only charge in TN

Doc
    R. Schultz, Wholesale Distributor
    www.bestoil4you.com
    office@bestoil4you.com
    Toll Free 1-877-356-6099

Blog Entries

And I can certainly vouch for the Doc...........

Quote Originally Posted by Oil Doc View Post
    I had a 650 Classic and yes, it is a little difficult to check.. 2nd person helps...

You are safe to change over to AMSOIL at your 600 mile service. No break-in necessary.

I sell to all forum members at dealer cost. You couldn't buy it cheaper if you were a dealer yourself and in most cases, I am still less than if you were a dealer due to sales tax that I only charge in TN

Doc
    As will a lot of other members. He sells a really good product for a really great price, and his service is top notch. And I bet if you pay all of his expenses and buy him a case of beer, he will personally come to your house and change your oil for you. And he can help you check the oil level to boot.

Hmmmm...

Doc's Oil Changing Service.... I can set a trailer up and pull it behind the Ultra... LOL

Doc

BTW.... Nobody beats my prices.. and I try damn hard for good service
    R. Schultz, Wholesale Distributor
    www.bestoil4you.com
    office@bestoil4you.com
    Toll Free 1-877-356-6099