Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick indicted on federal charges.

Michael Vick indicted on federal charges.

I'm surprised nobody has posted about this yet. Last tuesday a Federal grand jury handed down an indictment agains Michael Vick (the quarterback of the Atlanta Falcons) and three other people for running an organized dog fighting ring.

A link to the full story can be found here.

A copy of the actual inditement... all 18 pages of it... can be found here.

Seems like they have an awful lot of evidence against him, but the NFL hasn't done anything to him yet. I thought the new commissioner of the NFL was supposed to be cracking down on misbehaving league players. The NFL reaction can be found here.
    Never twist the throttle with your ego

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    The dog fighting part didn't upset me as much and the story of the disposal methods did.

I'm not a fan so I didn't get excited about the report.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

Blog Entries

Can the NFL do anything yet???????????

The press and the NAACP and NCLU would be all over the league if they were to sanction him before he has the opportunity to have a fair trial. It sure as hell looks like he is guilty though. But he does also have the innocent until proven guilty thing in his favor.

That hasn't stopped Goodell from sanctioning other players who were arrested yet haven't been to trial yet. Take a look at the Pacman Jones case. He was arrested for shooting a fellow at a nightclub, and hasn't been to trial over it yet, however Goodell has already suspended him for the entire season.

Now granted Pacman Jones has been a perenial troublemaker and has been arrested numerous times, and this is Vic's first run in with the law. Granted Jones has been branded a troublemaker, and Vic is the leader of the Falcons, but Vic hasn't been completely golden in his behavior on or off the field (flipping off fans, giving some bimbo herpes, showing up at an airport with a water bottle with a secret compartment that a dog flagged as smelling like marijuana), and this indictment presents some pretty strong evidence that he's been involved in criminal activity for at least the last five years. Even if this is his first arrest, I think the evidence is strong enough for Goodell to step in and uphold the Zero Tolerance policy he's openly stated that he's enforcing.

as Len Pasquarelli writing for ESPN wrote last April regarding Goodell's handling of Jones and Chris Henry, "People often overlook that, while Lady Justice holds that set of scales in her left hand, her right hand is clutching a double-edged sword. On Tuesday afternoon, Roger Goodell went with the right hand and made the right decision for his league.

Inside Member Rider Info Insider
    IMHO - if he really is guilty (and it does look like they've got an awful lot of evidence), i say throw his ass out of the sport.
    Oh I used to be disgusted
    and now I try to be amused.

The NFL is an employer and does not have the burden of "due process". As an employer they can dismiss someone who through their behavior casts a negative light on the NFL or for any other reason for that matter.

Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider
    Nike has held up releasing the latest "Vick" shoe. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7040070?MSNHPHMA
    Hit him in the pocket book.

This is the due process people. We're watching it here, even if it is only in the eye of public opinion... it's just gonna be a real buzz kill if none of this turns out to be true (yeah, like, right).

Shoe contracts, airline spokemanships, NFL employment... this guy's got a lot to lose, and it looks like he's got some 'splaining to do.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwater View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has posted about this yet. Last tuesday a Federal grand jury handed down an indictment agains Michael Vick (the quarterback of the Atlanta Falcons) and three other people for running an organized dog fighting ring.

A link to the full story can be found here.

A copy of the actual inditement... all 18 pages of it... can be found here.

Seems like they have an awful lot of evidence against him, but the NFL hasn't done anything to him yet. I thought the new commissioner of the NFL was supposed to be cracking down on misbehaving league players. The NFL reaction can be found here.
    yah i herd about that on the news. but i didnt pay no innterst.

Blog Entries

Oh, I believe that he is guilty as sin...............

The only problem is what if he isn't?? How do you make amends for what he has lost. And this really is not about Vic. My opinion is based on people who lose everything based on conjecture and then turn out innocent. And it happens way too much. Look at the Duke rape case. A prosecutor with a hard on for richy rich types does a full court press against 5 young men when he knows that he has evidence that could exonerate them. It is not the person involved that I am defending, it is the process.