Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Concealed Carry
Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry

Concealed Carry

I sent Aleta to the courthouse today to get her concealed carry permit. After this fucking psychopath serial killer snatched that girl 7 miles from my home, she's not leaving the house without a gun.

I can never get her to remember her cell phone, but that little SP101 will be in her purse every time she walks out the door from here on out.
    Never twist the throttle with your ego

Inside Member Rider Info Insider

Ummmmmm . . . you better be real nice to her now.

I was wondering if the incident had happened near you. From the news reports I had heard, it sounded as if it did. But I forgot to verify it with Roadkill last evening.

Recognized Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwater View Post
    I sent Aleta to the courthouse today to get her concealed carry permit. After this fucking psychopath serial killer snatched that girl 7 miles from my home, she's not leaving the house without a gun.

I can never get her to remember her cell phone, but that little SP101 will be in her purse every time she walks out the door from here on out.
    Excellent choice of weapon!
    Deo Vindice

Inside Member Rider Info Insider
    This started out as a simple "beer vs. P" comedy thread and now it's a "castrate Ricky before he shows his nipples because he's an asshole" thread! How did this go so wrong?
    Oh I used to be disgusted
    and now I try to be amused.

Quote Originally Posted by baydawg View Post
    Excellent choice of weapon!
    No Shit. I bought the single action version without a spur on the hammer so she doesn't snag it on anything dragging it out of her purse. Bought it for her 5 years ago and never convinced her that carrying it was important till now.

It's like her cell phone. I call her on her cell phone and it rings beside me because it's on the charger on the table beside my desk. Well, duh... what good is having a cell phone, or a gun, if you don't have it when you need it?

That little SP packs a lot of wallop. It took her a while to get used to it practicing with 38's. First time I loaded it with 357's it flew out of her hand when it went off, and it's all I can do to hold on to it myself.

After this crazy shit with this serial killer beside us I think she's finally convinced that the world isn't the warm fuzzy little place she thought it was... that she needs to be able to protect herself. She knows how to use it because I've insisted she go target shooting with me over the years, but she's always rolled her eyes about carrying it with her until now.

I like the thing so much I pack it in my back pocket often times just because it's small enough that I can fit it without a holster and it won't be seen. But the damn thing is so tiny I can barely hang onto because my hands are so big. It's like trying to shoot a .357 shell out of a lipstick tube.

Blog Entries
    That SP101 is a nice rig. Very concealable, and packs a very good wallop even with 38 wadcutters loaded. They can get a little wicked with factory .357 loads. I used to carry all of my .357's with .38 wadcutters because in a panic situation you don't have time to worry about your lead after it exits your target. There are also some really good .38 defense loads out that will incapacitate but not over penetrate. I went to lighter loads for my wrists, but I still have some car stoppers if I need them.

Recognized Member
    I carry a S&W model 65 3" heavy barrel. I ground the spur off the hammer and polished the sear so that it is double action only. No accidentally shooting some one. In town I load 125gr +p reminton gold dots. On the road I load full load 158gr JHP in it.
    Deo Vindice

Yeah, duh... i typed single action above when i meant double action. The SP101 I bought for her has a concealed hammer... no spur... no accidental mistakes, unlike my posting as of late.

Blog Entries
    I carry all of my guns at one time or another. I have a little Beretta 22 that I can hide just about anywhere. My .357 Sig for when I want capacity. My .45 when I want to just scare the hell out of them or may need to incapacitate a vehicle. Or my Rossi .44 special snubby when I want someone to see a big hole staring them in the face and don't actually want to shoot someone but want to be prepared if I have to. I have others as well, but those are my don't wanna go out the house nekkid pieces.

Very Active Member
    I've been waiting for someone to mention this topic..I carry a Beretta Px4 Storm 9m or a NAA Gaurdian .32 and my wife carries a Taurus ultralight .38. I'd forget my cell phone long before my gun now..