Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: But you did not see me....

Recognized Member Rider Info Insider
    I can't really see how taking on an aggressive driver firing something at their car is a smart thing. Not saying I haven't felt like it myself. But if they are already aggressive, what do you thing that is going to do with your odds of an altercation. Whether that be metal to metal, lead based or just in your face. Besides the fact that the next time for them. it may not be you, but another biker they take it out on.

Buford's altercation is at least one that has them stopped instead of aiming a 3000 lb weapon and firing back....one that the biker is sure to lose. Plus the possibility that the witness for your side of the argument will never be able to testify in any earthly venue.

I have often just slowed down to the point they passed or at least backed off if that wasn't possible.
    I am the light, what you seek is fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Knothaid View Post
    I can't really see how taking on an aggressive driver firing something at their car is a smart thing. Not saying I haven't felt like it myself. But if they are already aggressive, what do you thing that is going to do with your odds of an altercation. Whether that be metal to metal, lead based or just in your face. Besides the fact that the next time for them. it may not be you, but another biker they take it out on.

Buford's altercation is at least one that has them stopped instead of aiming a 3000 lb weapon and firing back....one that the biker is sure to lose. Plus the possibility that the witness for your side of the argument will never be able to testify in any earthly venue.

I have often just slowed down to the point they passed or at least backed off if that wasn't possible.
    Your right Bro! When it comes to a bike and car encounter. The car always win's....then throw human egos into the mix....and the car always wins.

Sorry for my last suggestion...bad move on my part.

Hey, I wasn't downing anybody for their suggestions. Lord knows I want to carry just because I want them to see it when they pull their shenanigans. I have done some stupid stuff myself too. I just wanted to talk this one out because while I have survived my own stupidity, The odds are still against me.

FWIW, those that tailgate, don't care whether you are a bike or a car IMO. They will tailgate a car just the same. We are probably the only ones who really understand the consequences though. They would most likely make an excuse and blame you to the cop while standing over your still warm body.

Let's face it, folks have lost all respect for each other on the road (and many other places) and their car just empowers them further. Cars are impersonal, bikes are not. I don't know how to fix that other than like we tried to say here, let's bitchslap it back into them. Problem is like the Chinese...there is just so damned many of them that they reproduce faster than you can fix them. We would lose the war, because it is not illegal to kill a biker if you can claim you didn't see them.

So maybe the next best thing is for us to survive until some other force takes care of the immovable object. Hope, faith and perseverance...and most of all brotherhood and sisterhood.

Just my 0.02 adding to the discussion. Somebody else stand on the box now.

Blog Entries
    I do carry when I ride. And sometimes openly. If I can't get them to get off my ass by slowing down, I will move over. If they continue after that, then they have become the aggressor and they have put their life in my hands. No one who I have ever been forced to pull on has ever let that decision up to me. They have all made that decision for me. Now thank god that they have never decided that I should pull the trigger, But I was always ready just in case. I will always try to be the voice of reason and try to defuse the situation, but that decision is all theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by bufordtpisser View Post
    I do carry when I ride. And sometimes openly. If I can't get them to get off my ass by slowing down, I will move over. If they continue after that, then they have become the aggressor and they have put their life in my hands. No one who I have ever been forced to pull on has ever let that decision up to me. They have all made that decision for me. Now thank god that they have never decided that I should pull the trigger, But I was always ready just in case. I will always try to be the voice of reason and try to defuse the situation, but that decision is all theirs.
    "Go ahead punk..............Make my day"
    I wish we could carry guns in aus.

Blog Entries
    I guess that is one of the few advantages that we still have. Don't know for how long, but for now it is a right that I exercise often.Actually it is probably the only exercise I do get.

Permanent Fixture Rider Info Insider
    Far enuff away from cry ass to sleep soundly
    Blog Entries
    Consider carrying a small can of black model car spray paint...when a cage gets to close or becomes annoying...just do a James Bond and reach around and let loose a spray of paint toward the car...As it covers the windshield, the driver usually hits the wipers and that smears the paint so bad that they have to pull over because they can no longer see thru it...
    It is best to discard the can afterwards and get the hell outta there...

"IT AIN'T EASY BEING ME!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thebighop View Post
    Consider carrying a small can of black model car spray paint...when a cage gets to close or becomes annoying...just do a James Bond and reach around and let loose a spray of paint toward the car...As it covers the windshield, the driver usually hits the wipers and that smears the paint so bad that they have to pull over because they can no longer see thru it...
    It is best to discard the can afterwards and get the hell outta there...
    LMAO... THAT is the best one yet. Spray and Roll!!!

"Spray the can and roll the throttle!!!"

A drive by spraying.

Blog Entries
    You guys in Florida should just carry oranges, and lemons. Then it could be a drive-by fruiting.