Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Forum is Dead

Recognized Member Rider Info Insider

This Forum is Dead

I am not gonna accuse anyone of anything. too late to point any fingers. However, should we all take a look at what would make it work?

It is a MC forum, right? Should we cater to the MC crowd? Should we be able to act like MCists?

I have made some good friends here. But I don't like to come here and stare at the walls not either know that some folks can't speak the way they speak. That we might worry about words advertisers don't like. Heck, wouldn't they rather have people READ their ads? If they are not here, then they won't get any business in the first place.

Perhaps we could get folks that want to advertise to the MC crowd and understand who that is.

Also, don't really care for all the personal issues, heard them and don't really give a chit. I would rather us all fight, get it out of our systems and then go back to doing what we do. This place is in need of some serious therapy!

Folks, get over yourselves and remember who we are.

Discuss, slap the chit out of me (can I say that?), or whatever. Time to chit or get off the pot. (can we say pot? I know some folks that advertise paraphernalia, there money is good too)

Okay, I have thrown some of the issues out there, what the he77 do we do? Time to move on?
    I am the light, what you seek is fire.

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    The past five weeks have not been very motorcyclist for me, so part of it's my fault. It's hard to talk bikes when you're laid up. It's impossible to get info when you're not out.

Rick Miller has been picking up the slack on local run, but there really have not been many. Thanks Rick.

Hell, talk about what ya want, but like ya said, talk about things, not people. That's really all most of us want.

Rider Info may be quiet right now, but we'll wake back up soon. The cooler weather will bring more riding and more time to work on and talk about motorcycles.

Hang in there, A little bump in the road and some gossip never kept me down before, it's not gonna now.

Got a story to share or a run to post and can't get it done? Submit it to us and we'll work it up and post it. The more we know the more we can share.

But besides more talking, what changes would any of you suggest? PM me if you want to keep it private. Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings. I get over that pretty easily.

Thanks and peace.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

RiderInfo Regular Rider Info Insider
    Did I miss something ??.

To be honest i've been missing quite a bit lately. My reason is probably the same as a lot of others. Good weather, bike rallies and generally making hay while the sun shines.

The one thing I notice about R.I. is that whenever I come on here there are something like 5 members and 60 guests. I would like to see the guests signing up and having some input instead of sitting on the fence.

So, COME ON GUESTS, LETS BE 'AVIN YA.

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    I would like that too, Lewy. But it's good to know they are out there. At every event we're recognized and appreciated. We don't go to them all, but we make a good number of them.

See ya soon. I'm trying the ankel brace today to see if the swelling will subside. If so, I can ride soon.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

I tend to spend my motorcycle time on a forum for my Yamaha triple and one for Texas riders. Lots of riding in this state!

rick miller
    Your right, lots of good riding in Tx. I was there for 13 years in the hill country, did lots of runs. You people out there do alot of riding too. There are runs you know about that we do not, post them. you never know I just might be planing to be your way and like to meet new people and find great fun spots. This forum only works if you work it. Lot us know whats going on in your town

I'm just up to my eyeballs in work. I'm busier than I've ever been... working 10 hours a day 7 days a week right now. It's good for the bank account, so I won't complain. Thanksgiving until Valentine's day are notoriously slow for me, so I gotta make the money while it's there to be made. Cuts into both my riding and my forum time, but green is good.
    Never twist the throttle with your ego

Blog Entries

I agree....

I agree with the first post.....

I like this forum because it's a mature (well older and wiser) bunch.

I think we should be able to let loose a bit. Ever been to the wild ride dot net... Pretty cool site, only thing I don't like is that it's ugly.

In short...

Let's get this party started!!!!

Recognized Member Rider Info Insider
    Greg, I can appreciate that you have been busy. Hell, I have too. But I am talking about more than one person being busy. I am talking about us, all of RI being canned up even when we are here. We should be able to be who we are, that really is why we are here. If we can't, we just peek and then act ourselves somewhere else.

Face it, 60 people looking means that they don't see anything worth registering or logging in for. We used to cuss, have pictures all in the appropriate places. We all let it hang out and like the freedom we feel on our bikes we felt on this forum.

Now you know I ain't been involved in nothing secret, just being open and pointing at what I see. If talking about it is good for us, then great. If it is bad for us....well how much worse could it be? I see a forum that was accelerating before, don't tell me that because you have been busy that no one else is posting. That IMO is BS. Something else is afoot. Can't we buck up like men and get over it and return to being the old RI? Can we add back the fun areas where we can be adults? Can we talk like adult bikers? Can we have fun again?

These are issues I see. So once again, this ain't about any person. It don't need a secret squirrel chit. It needs folks laying it out if they haven't already given up and moved on. We are all friends here and we have a common interest.

I may be stirring the chit, but it ain't to cause trouble, it is to get people together again. Like a brother should......
    I am the light, what you seek is fire.

Inside Member Rider Info Insider
    Does this mean i can get nekkid?
    Oh I used to be disgusted
    and now I try to be amused.