Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.

Thread: 11th Hour 11th Day 11th Month.

RiderInfo Regular Rider Info Insider

11th Hour 11th Day 11th Month.

I know this is a day early but I wont get to my computer on the day itself.

I dont know if you guys from across the pond have this.

This is the time and date when the UK comes to a standstill for 2 minutes silence as a sign of respect and remembrance for the fallen of all wars. If there is one day when I remember my Grandad who fought in WW1 at the Somme this is it. The main day is the nearest Sunday to the date with a procession at the Cenotaph in London attended by the Queen and other royals and veterans from past conflicts. We all know someone so let us NEVER forget.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn,
    at the going down of the sun and in the morning
    we shall remember them.

"Rememberence Day" as it is called in Canada also remembers past veterans, I live very near the border and get Canadian TV channels all the time.
    This country will hold ceremony's today ,but unfortunately a lot of what is said today will be forgotten by those in power,so sad that our veterans and those returning from the ongoing confrontations are not treated better than they are, we as a country are so re-miss in this. Sorry but that is my rant for the day. POW/MIA never forgotten