Riderinfo.com, connecting bikers, runs and bands.
Your online exchange for run and band info. Keep in touch with all your riding friends online at RI.
Riders of all motorcycle makes and models welcome.

Thread: To All Veterans

To All Veterans

I try not to post much cause I have a tendency to piss people off. However this needs to be addressed. I saw this morning that veterans are waiting for their disability checks while 24 million has been given out to VA employees as bonuses. Now I don't know what the "great Black Hope" in the white house is going to do about this. What I do know is that this is not right.
    I have never been shot at, at least while serving my country, but I did serve my country honerably and this is just too wrong. Is there anyone on this site that has the time, capability and heart to try and change the way we as Americans do things. Such as an ammendment to the constitution that forbids anyone from becoming president without first serving in the armed forces? I don't give a shit if you were a dishwasher on a base in bum-fuck egypt. If you didn't care enough about our country to wear the uniform, than you have no right leading those who do.
    Does anyone know how to start a petition and gather a few million signatures to force the dick-heads we elect to do the right thing? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Joe
    American by birth,
    Veteran by choice
    Underemployed cause I don't speak spanish

On the Farm Rider Info Insider
    Blog Entries
    I think your idea of to be President of the USA someone would have to have served the country is good.

I don't know how to pull it off though.

Obama is the guy in the chair, not the guy who did this. This is what's left of previous policy.

Blaming Obama for what has occurred in the past few months based on established policy is misguided and will take away from your point.

BTW, wasn't it under Bush the the Va had the big scandal of filth and disrepair exposed in the hospitals that treat our veterans? This is not new.
    "What does it mean to you? For me, it's something I just do."

Yes it was Bush who has brought so much "crap" into our gov't. I do not blame Obama. I think he is doing a pretty good job considering what he was left with. Hell I voted for him over a vet. However, I think the sitting president should completely clean house when he takes over. The head of the VA should be fired and replaced with a person who understands what our vets, disabled or not, have gone through. Our vets should be given preference over ALL non vets from jobs to health care to education. If I understood Obamas' comments a few weeks ago, he is increasing the funding for our vets. This is a very good thing.
    I think the way to go about this is to obtain a few million signatures demanding the morons we have in office to add an ammendment to the constitution requiring any person who seeks the highest office of our country to have served in the military.
    Right now I am trying to find out if a convicted felon can hold public office. I would like to run for city council here in Palm Beach county. My felony was " Committing an Unnatural Act." Who the fuck knew that "performing oral sex on a consenting adult female" in the state of North Carolina is a felony.
    If we can find someone to write this up properly and have our members start gathering signatures at our local VA hospitals, American Legions and VFW we should be able to gather plenty of signatures in record time.
    Do you know anyone on this site that has the knowledge to write this up properly? Joe
    American by birth,
    Veteran by choice

Blog Entries
    I don't know anyone, yet. But that's the nice thing about the internet, you could find one like this.

But I think you're going to be fighting corporations and lawyers, not the government. Look at this... http://www.polisci.ccsu.edu/trieb/InfluGov.html

Damn, that will pop your bubble first thing in the morning. lol
    oh well, it was a good thought. It's still the best damn country in the world to live in. Joe
    American by birth,
    Veteran by choice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joebasta View Post
    Damn, that will pop your bubble first thing in the morning. lol
    oh well, it was a good thought. It's still the best damn country in the world to live in. Joe
    That stuff is overlooked while other things are used as distractions.

The fact that the republicans have rallied the troops to make the older folks say, "keep the government out of my medicare" is testimony to how screwed up things are.