PDA

View Full Version : Ok, bike choice here...

The_Missnary
03-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Hey all,

First and foremost, thanks to any and all who choose to reply to this question...
My bike was stolen not too long ago, right out of my driveway (Yamaha FZR 1000-- loved that bike). Anyway, I am in the market for a new one and am torn between two. I think I know what choice is best.
I like either the '06 Yamaha FZ1 or the '06 Ducati 800SS. I am looking for a bike that is dependable, a blast to ride, performs really nicely, and is versatile. I am also looking to avoid getting killed on maintenance and insurance.
I think all these factors point toward the FZ1 but I just wanted some other opinions. It's just that what sport rider hasn't dreamed of owning a 'Duck'?... lol

Thanks...

FX
03-04-2006, 12:16 PM
I think both may be rockets. So then it comes to look. The Ducati's seem to look like dirt bikes to me. The FZ's are probably your classic crotch rocket?

It's taste. Maybe comparing how each motorcycle holds value could be of some help?

1Scorpion
03-05-2006, 06:40 AM
I've owned a FZ1 great bike. Only problems were too much engine heat(I live in FL) and second gear has been going out in those bikes if they are ridden hard. No problem with mine. I sold it with 13,000 miles on it. Ducati is nice I've been told they can be exspensive to maintain. Good luck. I like them both.

bigwater
03-06-2006, 04:57 AM
Ducatti's aren't necessarily expensive to maintain... they're epensive to experience. Something about a Ducatti injects a virus in your system that wants you to keep pushing it's limits.

It's not like a Harley where you throw chrome at it, with a Ducatti, you are throwing performance mods at it... never ending mods that cost a lot. With a Harley, the perfomance mods eventually end... I don't think the end of the tunnel has been seen yet when it comes to modding a Ducatti.

I love 'em, and still want one to keep my FatBoy company on these cold winter nights, but I ain't got the money or the time.