PDA

View Full Version : Back Into Bikes

pbk
04-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Getting back into bikes after some years and would like to know what you guys think a 46 yr old should be looking at. Had a CBR600F some time ago but not being as flexible as I use to be, that type of thing may be a little restrictive. Not into cruisers much, not that there is anything wrong with crusers. Had a look at a Triumph TT600 2001 model but looking to the net they get a bit of a bagging over fuel injection problems, but like the bike. I like the 600CC size so any suggestions would be great.

Brisbane Australia
:kewl:

Tugs
04-22-2006, 09:54 PM
pbk, Welcome to the Forum. I myself like cruisers but to each their own. The way I see it as long as you are in the wind it does not matter what you ride.

Whatever you buy just make sure that it it comfortable for you. I know I would not be very comfortable now riding the Motorcycles that I had when I was younger.

Ride Safe,
Tugs

bufordtpisser
04-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Ride what you like, and like what you ride. I am more into the touring bikes myself right now, but I have a cruiser style also. Until two years ago, it was sport bikes. I am 45 and I still like the sport bikes, and hope to be able to get another Buell in the next year or so. The triumphs are nice, but like you said, they are getting a lot of bad reviews for the fuel injection issues. Maybe check out the Ducati's or Cagiva's if you want to stay with the sport bike genre. Or there is any other number of "naked" bikes available from different manufacturers.

DustyDan
10-07-2006, 12:45 AM
I visit this place primarily to learn (as I'm not riding right now due to too many other irons in the fire), but your question reminded me of a friend of mine a couple years back. He had a Honda VFR and really liked it. I don't know the displacement (I think it was a 750), but he specifically bought it because it's got the performance of a sportbike combined with a more relaxed riding position--more of a sport-touring machine. Just another option you may want to check out.

Oil Doc
10-15-2006, 10:55 AM
For myself, I am now into the Touring bikes and ride a Classic Wing for now. After quite a few years without riding, I found a good used bike at a decent price. That way if I decided that if riding again wasn't what I really wanted, I could probably get as much or more for the bike as what I paid for it.

Well the "Bug" has hit me harder than ever. The "Old Wing" is still a good machine, and I probably will not get rid of her, but I am looking for a new/newer bike next Spring.

I know the Yamaha's and Suzuki's have some really nice bikes with Fantastic Reviews from riders, although they do not have what I am looking for. I am not sure what model the Yammie was but the Retro look it had was Awesome.

I am now looking at opening up a Motorcycle Adventure Touring business here in the Smoky Mountains.... I would really like some input from everyone on this. Please feel free to email me with any thoughts at the address below.

Bob